Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 5:20 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
Does anyone know if 350 is a good price to pay for a Dartmoor 24 player 2015 as I’m probably going to pick one up tmrw
Thanks

You don't want a 24" bike - it will feel tiny, hold out for a suitable 26"

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 5:24 Quote
harry2601 wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:
Does anyone know if 350 is a good price to pay for a Dartmoor 24 player 2015 as I’m probably going to pick one up tmrw
Thanks

I’m only 13 and about 5,6. I feel I could progress more on a 24. Plus I’m used to riding 20 inch bmx

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 5:24 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
harry2601 wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:
Thanks

I’m only 13 and about 5,6. I feel I could progress more on a 24. Plus I’m used to riding 20 inch bmx
But price wise is that ok?

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 5:40 Quote
I'm 6ft in me boots an riding 24 for P'track an park. As for price depends on the spec/condition

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 5:55 Quote
nojzilla wrote:
I'm 6ft in me boots an riding 24 for P'track an park. As for price depends on the spec/condition
It’s in mint condition with marzocchi dj4s and a maintenance stand included

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 6:30 Quote
Sounds good but, I'd give a good eye over for cracks in the frame an the condition of the fork. Condition of Bearings, cranks an drive train. As long as you don't end up having to spend any £££ after buying it, sounds like a deal

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 6:32 Quote
harry2601 wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:
Thanks

I rode my friends 24 and it felt like a weird in between size that didn’t really know what it wanted to feel like. Also I’m not sure how good parts availability would be like. I’d probably get a 26

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
Kamiizoo wrote:
double-fifty wrote:
The long PBJ may work. Non tapered head tube, it looks like?
It's a straight 44mm ht. Upper cup is a zs, lower is ec (for tapered). You can easily run either straight or tapered with this.

Interesting as I was looking to upgrade my current fork but seemed to hit a wall due to the straight head tube....

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 7:58 Quote
depends what you want to ride, if youre always in the woods theres no need for 24" personally i use my hard tail in street vert and dirt so i dont want bigger wheels and a longer bike if im trying to halfcab in a tight space or ride ramps that are tight for bmx bikes. im 6'2 and other peoples 26" bikes feel small to me because theyre setup for a small owner while those people think my 24" feels big because its setup for my height. my old 2010 contraband has same TT and handlebars as my 2016 capital but the head tube angle gave me all the room i needed now i never really enjoy the contraband anymore

find a frame, rims / tires from odyssey bmx and you really have no shortage of parts

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 8:11 Quote
double-fifty wrote:
Looking at a proper jumper. Deciding between Commencal Absolute RS or YT Dirt Love. Any suggestions?

YT not available in US...had it set to UK somehow lol. Citygrounds.com has Radio Griffin Pros in stock

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 8:44 Quote
Transition has short PBJ frames in stock.

You could call a few dealers in your area and see if they have a Short complete in stock.

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 11:26 Quote
double-fifty wrote:
Kamiizoo wrote:
double-fifty wrote:
The long PBJ may work. Non tapered head tube, it looks like?
It's a straight 44mm ht. Upper cup is a zs, lower is ec (for tapered). You can easily run either straight or tapered with this.
No gyro mount holes? Maybe I’m looking at the picture too hard
No gyro holes

Posted: Dec 4, 2021 at 12:05 Quote
double-fifty wrote:
Interesting as I was looking to upgrade my current fork but seemed to hit a wall due to the straight head tube....
if it's straight integrated, you can't put a tapered fork in. If it uses cups you can bang the old ones out and put in a new one that'll work with tapered forks if your headtube inner dia is 44mm or bigger

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 2:56 Quote
double-fifty wrote:
Looking at a proper jumper. Deciding between Commencal Absolute RS or YT Dirt Love. Any suggestions?
have you thought about the cannondale Dave?

Posted: Dec 5, 2021 at 10:03 Quote
Hi just want to know what people think of my new DJ as of today. I paye 350 for it. It’s a Dartmoor 24 player custom build with hope headset full halo sas rims and hubs and marzocchi bomber mx pros. Thanks

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016205
Mobile Version of Website