Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 2:27 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
If money's an issue just keep saving until something breaks or you can clearly identify something that's holding you back. Anything cheap isn't likely to be an upgrade, just different.
ok thanks do u know any good sprockets as I’ve just manage to bend my d’or one

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 2:27 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
secondtimeuser wrote:
If money's an issue just keep saving until something breaks or you can clearly identify something that's holding you back. Anything cheap isn't likely to be an upgrade, just different.
DMR*

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 2:33 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
just seen ur account my God you have had a lot of beautiful bikes

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 2:43 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
Also does anyone know what upgrades I should make to my Dartmoor. I’m 13 and kinda broke so nothing to expensive
photo
I see it's a bmx sprocket, tbh find somewhere with a vice and just clamp that shit back into straightness I used to do it all the time

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 3:31 Quote
jespinal wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:
Also does anyone know what upgrades I should make to my Dartmoor. I’m 13 and kinda broke so nothing to expensive
photo
I see it's a bmx sprocket, tbh find somewhere with a vice and just clamp that shit back into straightness I used to do it all the time
will have a go thx

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 3:45 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
secondtimeuser wrote:
As it looks like it's a BMX mounting sprocket I'd just head over to AlansBMX.com sort by price and pick the best looking one in your budget.

O+
Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 3:45 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
secondtimeuser wrote:
just seen ur account my God you have had a lot of beautiful bikes
Thanks Big Grin

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 4:22 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:
secondtimeuser wrote:
As it looks like it's a BMX mounting sprocket I'd just head over to AlansBMX.com sort by price and pick the best looking one in your budget.
thanks will have a look

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 7:43 Quote
....top tube in bike stand.....

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 9:07 Quote
Not a great habit to get into, but really not as much of an issue as people make it out to be. I often clamp TT or ST depending on need. Have seen plenty of WC bikes clamped at both as well.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
14pslope wrote:
....top tube in bike stand.....
I grew up using a hitch rack that mounted three bikes by the top tube in a very similar fashion. Granted, they were generally old steel and aluminum bikes... never put carbon in there. But wouldn't the same principle apply to those bike racks?

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 9:22 Quote
To a degree, but you absolutely can damage a frame from mounting in TT. The biggest issues come when you're working with a portion of the bike that needs a lot of force, such as say tightening up the crankset. That much leverage isn't really meant to go there.

If it's just in the stand for a photo, or to take off the wheels or whatnot, it's almost certainly alright as long as he does A.O.G. the clamp head.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 9:30 Quote
I own that same bikestand from lidl, it costs like 20 bucks and in no way shape or form it'll be able to bend anything othwr than cardboard

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 9:32 Quote
I'm sorry I'm just being a troll and laughing at the fact that we just went over this. I had no idea either and have certainly clamped my share of top tubes. Now, I would def agree it's not a good habit.

Posted: Jan 20, 2022 at 9:37 Quote
jespinal wrote:
I own that same bikestand from lidl, it costs like 20 bucks and in no way shape or form it'll be able to bend anything othwr than cardboard
Ahh. That makes sense. I would've said the same about that bike rack I used

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.033094
Mobile Version of Website