Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 6:18 Quote
14pslope wrote:
we should do a Joyride night for the Ontario ppl in here

This thread did one at Iceland (in Mississauga Ontario, not actual Iceland) years and years ago, was a fun ass day. Worth attempting again.

Not gonna lie, every time I've attempted to do a group ride at Joyride I end up disregarding everyone else and focusing on the three P's - plaza, pumptrack, parking-lot-safety-meetings

Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 6:38 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
Hi I have just brought a bmx ( fit Nordstrom one) to dirt jump, its also got primo power bite cranks on it but other than that it’s dead stock and it has no brake, I got it for £60 and I would like to know what cheap upgrades it’s going to be worth doing to make it good on the dirt for places like S4p bike park. Thanks very much, Josh

Post a pic lets see it lol for me its often bars and pedals i swap first. 10" bars & metal pedals, fat seat ...

Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 6:55 Quote
cheezitsprocket wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:
Hi I have just brought a bmx ( fit Nordstrom one) to dirt jump, its also got primo power bite cranks on it but other than that it’s dead stock and it has no brake, I got it for £60 and I would like to know what cheap upgrades it’s going to be worth doing to make it good on the dirt for places like S4p bike park. Thanks very much, Josh

Post a pic lets see it lol for me its often bars and pedals i swap first. 10" bars & metal pedals, fat seat ...
here you go the image isn’t great so I’ve put the stock one up there aswell, thx

Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 8:31 Quote
id say grippy pedals, good tyre pressure and grip and youre good. ride the bike and replace stuff when it breaks

Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 9:20 Quote
crs-one wrote:
14pslope wrote:

This thread did one at Iceland (in Mississauga Ontario, not actual Iceland) years and years ago, was a fun ass day. Worth attempting again.

Not gonna lie, every time I've attempted to do a group ride at Joyride I end up disregarding everyone else and focusing on the three P's - plaza, pumptrack, parking-lot-safety-meetings

Gotta be safe

I would be down to go for a ride with you guys from the thread

Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 9:21 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
cheezitsprocket wrote:
joshmtb17 wrote:

here you go the image isn’t great so I’ve put the stock one up there aswell, thx
and a left hand drivetrain...or is the image just flipped? i would say tires, chain and anything thats rusty, and maybe some grips that you prefer.

Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 11:49 Quote
crs-one wrote:
14pslope wrote:

p180s

Posted: Feb 28, 2022 at 12:18 Quote
Doesnt seem like you need to change much i like how fit bikes feel maybe just play with handlebar angles and psi keep everything nice n tight learn some stuff

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 0:42 Quote
Thx guys I have just put new odyssey metal pedals as per recommendation of gripper pedals and I’m going to buy new tyres and an odyssey Springfield brake. Thx

Posted: Mar 1, 2022 at 0:45 Quote
Oh yeah thanks Mior it is left hand drive, I didn’t realise that before

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 8:03 Quote
joshmtb17 wrote:
Oh yeah thanks Mior it is left hand drive, I didn’t realise that before

Left hand drive good if you ride right foot forward and plan to run pegs. Sweet bike; looking to convert current my BMX to left hand drive. Let me know how you like it

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 8:05 Quote
eagledog wrote:
double-fifty wrote:
eagledog wrote:

Very nice! How do you like them so far? Can you tell the difference in the q-factor? They are a helluva lot lighter than the cranks that were on there too.
I put a new Magura brake on my Dave today.

I have not had the chance to ride yet since install due to the weather but will let you know how they feel! Thanks for the suggestions on parts! Lets see the new brake!

Same here, the weather has been cold and it hurts my aging bones. But the bike sure is nice to look at in the garage, i guess. Ill post up some pics of the brakes this weekend.

Loving the new cranks, have about 3 good skate park sessions with them. Very light set up! Next saving up for Pike DJ fork

Posted: Mar 3, 2022 at 22:28 Quote
double-fifty wrote:
eagledog wrote:
double-fifty wrote:

I have not had the chance to ride yet since install due to the weather but will let you know how they feel! Thanks for the suggestions on parts! Lets see the new brake!

Same here, the weather has been cold and it hurts my aging bones. But the bike sure is nice to look at in the garage, i guess. Ill post up some pics of the brakes this weekend.

Loving the new cranks, have about 3 good skate park sessions with them. Very light set up! Next saving up for Pike DJ fork

glad your digging the new cranks! they made a huge difference for me. you have 2 more sessions in than i do lately. the new magura brakes i put on need to be bled when i get time. Id like a Pike fork too, or a Marzocchi. Bue realistically its not in my budget. I think Im about done upgrading my Dave for now.

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 7:01 Quote
eagledog wrote:
double-fifty wrote:
eagledog wrote:

glad your digging the new cranks! they made a huge difference for me. you have 2 more sessions in than i do lately. the new magura brakes i put on need to be bled when i get time. Id like a Pike fork too, or a Marzocchi. Bue realistically its not in my budget. I think Im about done upgrading my Dave for now.

My list of upgrades that I still want to do:
Wheel set - 20mm axel front wheel hard to find, interested in freecoaster rear but hard to find
Brakes - would like to fit with gyro
Upgrade fork to Pike

Still want to convert BMX to left side drive and put gyro. Trail bike is all torn apart lol FML

Posted: Mar 4, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
double-fifty wrote:
eagledog wrote:
double-fifty wrote:

My list of upgrades that I still want to do:
Wheel set - 20mm axel front wheel hard to find, interested in freecoaster rear but hard to find
Brakes - would like to fit with gyro
Upgrade fork to Pike

Still want to convert BMX to left side drive and put gyro. Trail bike is all torn apart lol FML

Im looking forward to seeing what you decide for a wheelset and brakes! Oh, cool videos that you have uploaded, btw!

I opted for a hydro brake over a gyro. The Trixer hydro gyro just seemed like a pain in the ass. At 55 im more likely to be bombing urban hills rather than barspins.
House remodel is seriously putting a damper on forks and wheelset. Ill have ride my Dave it as it is for now, with only dreams of a new fork and wheelset.

You know, maybe I need a BMX bike...

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017696
Mobile Version of Website