PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 12:52 Quote
Views: 150    Faves: 1    Comments: 1

Trying to learn manuals

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 17:23 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
Trying to learn manuals

From what I can see, I think you might need to bend your knees more/squat back more.

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 17:33 Quote
Oh shit caught the slope bike bug. Oogling the canyon 720 in purple!

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 19:54 Quote
barp wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
Trying to learn manuals

From what I can see, I think you might need to bend your knees more/squat back more.

Yeah thanks dude. You’re 100% right. Just gotta keep working on that. Manuals are hard haha

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 21:07 Quote
Looks like you're pulling up too hard. Move your weight back real slow until the front end naturally lifts up and then just control it. It looks like you're already figuring out the pumping part, which is the hard part anyway.

Posted: Apr 2, 2022 at 22:15 Quote
Empty car parks are great for learning manuals. Go for one, then two then four etc etc having a target to achieve will make tou subliminally push that little bit more. Then you'll have the technique on lock!!

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 1:39 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Looks like you're pulling up too hard. Move your weight back real slow until the front end naturally lifts up and then just control it. It looks like you're already figuring out the pumping part, which is the hard part anyway.

Ah ok thanks. This has been and ongoing on and off struggle for a while now but I want to try and learn them

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 10:21 Quote
Looks like your getting pretty close though! Just gotta loop out a few times to find the balance point.

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 12:46 Quote
ya I was gonna say, some of those look right, my suggestion is work with more speed, the spin of the wheels helps your balance

Posted: Apr 3, 2022 at 17:47 Quote
Just put this together over the weekend

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 0:20 Quote
red-m9 wrote:

Hot!

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 2:46 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
barp wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
Trying to learn manuals

Yeah thanks dude. You’re 100% right. Just gotta keep working on that. Manuals are hard haha

Agreed. Think "Arms straight, knees bent (squat)". I struggle with manuals but when ever I apply the above thinking I can pull a short manual out and back into a quarter pipe. You'll get 'em though just keep trying them every time you ride your bike!
Keep on rolling Mannie Smile

Posted: Apr 4, 2022 at 5:28 Quote
jadias wrote:
red-m9 wrote:

Hot!
want the slope version of this bike! sick!

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 12:42 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
barp wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
Trying to learn manuals

tup I take it your shoulder is feeling much better Wink

I just can't get these right.... the "pulling up too hard part" someone posted caught my attention...but I sure do struggle trying to manual.

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 17:33 Quote
That's what unlocked it for me, so I preach it all day long.

Two other things that helped me get better at sustaining manuals: drop your back foot, and drop both your heels.

Obviously practice is the most important factor, but those three things are easy to consciously implement while you do practice.

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029729
Mobile Version of Website