Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 7:57 Quote
nubbs wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Just picked up a brand new PBJ. Any recommendations on upgrades? Seems the cranks and wheels are just alright in terms of quality?

It's all pretty solid out of the box. Just ride it and maybe get more knobby tires. For better control on looser jump trails etc

Right on! I actually ordered a tan wall Maxxis Ikon for the front. I'll just run it til something breaks lol

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
Just picked up a brand new PBJ. Any recommendations on upgrades? Seems the cranks and wheels are just alright in terms of quality?
I have one. My first upgrade was the saddle. I hated the feeling of the stock one. I got a Deity Frisco (which is nice because it is a pivitol seat, so no seatpost upgrade is needed). The other big thing I changed was the brake. I wasn't a huge fan of the sram level brake so I threw a Shimano one on it. Much better.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 8:54 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
I have one. My first upgrade was the saddle. I hated the feeling of the stock one. I got a Deity Frisco (which is nice because it is a pivitol seat, so no seatpost upgrade is needed). The other big thing I changed was the brake. I wasn't a huge fan of the sram level brake so I threw a Shimano one on it. Much better.

im happy with your saddle! shimano brakes are also better for barspins because of the compact lever

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 9:23 Quote
mior wrote:
noakeabean wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:

im happy with your saddle! shimano brakes are also better for barspins because of the compact lever
So true! And its more snappy

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 11:19 Quote
Just built this up after not having a jump bike for a while. Love it.
Octane One Zircus
Octane One Zircus 2022

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 12:13 Quote
Trek ticket Dj With onyx hubs

Just pick up a trek ticket with
Onyx hubs laced up to spank spike rims
Magura mt8 brake
Pnw handle bars
Deity stem
Rockshox pike Dj fork
Scooter grips
Spank saddle
Continental raceking tires
And Shimano zee cranks
Not sure what the pedals are though but they feel pretty good

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 14:10 Quote
noakeabean wrote:

Ya I’m finding the stock seat is about as uncomfy as the stock grips lol. I have some BMX pivotals laying around I’ll try instead. What Shimano brake are you using? Looks like I can pick up a base model hydraulic Shimano brake for like $40-50.

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 14:36 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
noakeabean wrote:

Ya I’m finding the stock seat is about as uncomfy as the stock grips lol. I have some BMX pivotals laying around I’ll try instead. What Shimano brake are you using? Looks like I can pick up a base model hydraulic Shimano brake for like $40-50.
I changed the grips pretty much the day I got the bike. I ended up really liking the Sensus Emil Johannson grips. Im using the most base level shimano brake that has the normal looking lever. Not the cheap style if you know what i mean

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 16:06 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
bdreynolds7 wrote:
noakeabean wrote:

I changed the grips pretty much the day I got the bike. I ended up really liking the Sensus Emil Johannson grips. Im using the most base level shimano brake that has the normal looking lever. Not the cheap style if you know what i mean
higher than an mt200. the one with the short servo wave lever. im more of an sdg thrice 31 guy myself

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 20:24 Quote
something like an m6000 would be best

cheaper, less snappy and more likely to hit your fingers

better in all ways

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 20:55 Quote
Looks like I can pick up an MT501 for like $70. M6100 is over $100

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 21:03 Quote
Check out the trp slate t4 brake it’s like around $100 and it’s comes already bleed out the box and also comes with a super long hose and lever adjustment with a twist of a nob I would definitely check them out

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 21:23 Quote
mior wrote:
something like an m6000 would be best

cheaper, less snappy and more likely to hit your fingers

better in all ways

I have the second one. Highly, highly reccomend

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 21:23 Quote
mtn2surf wrote:
Trek ticket Dj With onyx hubs

Just pick up a trek ticket with
Onyx hubs laced up to spank spike rims
Magura mt8 brake
Pnw handle bars
Deity stem
Rockshox pike Dj fork
Scooter grips
Spank saddle
Continental raceking tires
And Shimano zee cranks
Not sure what the pedals are though but they feel pretty good
Sick bike!! Love the magura

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024014
Mobile Version of Website