Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: May 24, 2022 at 21:28 Quote
hmmm I've specifically stayed away from Shimano brakes because I think I will tear up my hands on the reservoir....

also the white octane one looks ultra clean

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 21:49 Quote
My old cachet had an xtr m9020 brake on it. honestly 10/10 brake. I cant bar though, so there is that.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 3:57 Quote
Hey guys, just wanna know what shoes are y'all rocking. I did my research first so don't think that I'm just lazy, the thing is that I can't really find much on the internet for shoes except for 510's of course but as I have read, after adidas took over the company, the shoes have been kinda bad. I am kind of interested in etnies, maybe the marana with the michelin sole ones, also the ride concept vices sound kinda good, a bit on the heavier side but if it's good I'll get it. So what shoes do you guys ride?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 4:11 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Vans
I kinda had it coming, forgot to mention that I've read that vans soles aren't stiff so if you land anything hard rip your feet and the shoes also wear out pretty fast with the price tag being higher than snoop dog on a good day. So I wouldn't really consider buying them, unless what I've read is wrong? Please share your own experiences, not just a brand name or a shoe

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:32 Quote
I swear by 5 10 freerider pro with Space Brace

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:34 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Vans
I kinda had it coming, forgot to mention that I've read that vans soles aren't stiff so if you land anything hard rip your feet and the shoes also wear out pretty fast with the price tag being higher than snoop dog on a good day. So I wouldn't really consider buying them, unless what I've read is wrong? Please share your own experiences, not just a brand name or a shoe
you're right, Vans shoes aren't stiff because they're skate shoes and people wear them for the brand name. About 7 years ago I bought some kind of leftover old-school actual bike vans shoe and it was so stiff it was like putting on ski boots. I loved those shoes and once in a while look for them on eBay. They had an air cushion in the heel.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:36 Quote
May as well make it a triple post. I see a lot of bmx riders using 5 10 shoes with Chromag Contact pedals.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:39 Quote
You can find the fivetens with the old rubber on like Amazon just make sure they don’t say Adidas on them and there good to go

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:40 Quote
14pslope wrote:
I swear by 5 10 freerider pro with Space Brace
Yeah I've read about those but they're a bit on the way too grippy side i think so if you need to bail it's quite harder. Also have heard that the sole doesn't last long on metallic pins. I know that many non-sponsored people are using them. Haven't tried them myself though, so what would you say about their durability?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:41 Quote
mtn2surf wrote:
You can find the fivetens with the old rubber on like Amazon just make sure they don’t say Adidas on them and there good to go

Sounds good, which 510's though? Sleuth dlx or freerider pros?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:44 Quote
Anybody that rides etnies though? Would definitely appreciate some feedback on these. Or ride concepts vice

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:48 Quote
I've heard a lot about durability difference between before and after Adidas days. My personal experience from owning 1 pair of Sam Hill pre Adidas and now on my 1st pair of Adidas made Freerider Pro is that quality is very similar. I have put thousands of km on my Adidas made shoes and I'll probably retire them after this, 3rd season. With regards to being too sticky, yes if you have brand new pedals and brand new five tens it will take time to break them in

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:52 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Vans
Vans pro line, I swear by my half cabs pros

Also idk where the f*ck you're buying but I never pay more than 70€ for a pair

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 5:56 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Vans
Vans pro line, I swear by my half cabs pros

Also idk where the f*ck you're buying but I never pay more than 70€ for a pair
The price is too high regarding the bang to buck ratio, they're not incredibly priced such as specialized or shimano shoes but they don't last quite as long as any other shoe I've read reviews about

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016428
Mobile Version of Website