Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 6:14 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
Hey guys, just wanna know what shoes are y'all rocking. I did my research first so don't think that I'm just lazy, the thing is that I can't really find much on the internet for shoes except for 510's of course but as I have read, after adidas took over the company, the shoes have been kinda bad. I am kind of interested in etnies, maybe the marana with the michelin sole ones, also the ride concept vices sound kinda good, a bit on the heavier side but if it's good I'll get it. So what shoes do you guys ride?

Ride Concepts Vice are THE PERFECT balance between Vans and 5.10s. Literally the best DJ shoes I’ve ever run….and I’ve run almost every major shoe. 5.10 Contacts for DH though due to stiffer sole.
Have read that they're kind of narrow, what size do you normally wear and what size did you have to get on vice ride concepts?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 6:21 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:

I kinda had it coming, forgot to mention that I've read that vans soles aren't stiff so if you land anything hard rip your feet and the shoes also wear out pretty fast with the price tag being higher than snoop dog on a good day. So I wouldn't really consider buying them, unless what I've read is wrong? Please share your own experiences, not just a brand name or a shoe
Vans pro line, I swear by my half cabs pros

Also idk where the f*ck you're buying but I never pay more than 70€ for a pair
The price is too high regarding the bang to buck ratio, they're not incredibly priced such as specialized or shimano shoes but they don't last quite as long as any other shoe I've read reviews about
I have been riding the same pair of halfcabs for the past 4 years my guy

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 6:34 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Vans pro line, I swear by my half cabs pros

Also idk where the f*ck you're buying but I never pay more than 70€ for a pair
The price is too high regarding the bang to buck ratio, they're not incredibly priced such as specialized or shimano shoes but they don't last quite as long as any other shoe I've read reviews about
I have been riding the same pair of halfcabs for the past 4 years my guy
Well then you must ve taking really good care of them so props to you, because most people on the internet say that they don't really last that long so i don't wanna risk it

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 6:55 Quote
Can anyone identify this frame? Im looking at buying it. Meant to be a DMR but im not so sure

photo

O+
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 7:16 Quote
You guys run resin pads or metallic? Just picked up a Shimano Deore M6100 on eBay for $70 but comes with resin pads. I run metallic on my enduro bike but not sure I need all that braking power.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 7:21 Quote
Wilkes46 wrote:
Can anyone identify this frame? Im looking at buying it. Meant to be a DMR but im not so sure

photo
It’s a Kona Cowan
photo

Mod
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 7:53 Quote
the tubes are squarer on the "dmr"

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:02 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
Anybody that rides etnies though? Would definitely appreciate some feedback on these. Or ride concepts vice

Been on etnies since aboot 95 one of the few shoe companies still owned by the original owners and supported BMX ever since they've been around. I will admit I'm more a fan of the older 'Mid school' desighns as the soles are a bit thicker than the newer plimpsole type shoes but I haven't tried any of the new bike specific shoes. I really want to though but, I have about 4 pairs to get through first as I buy multiple pairs whenever I find them on sale :'D
I'm a cheap fker

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
bdreynolds7 wrote:
You guys run resin pads or metallic? Just picked up a Shimano Deore M6100 on eBay for $70 but comes with resin pads. I run metallic on my enduro bike but not sure I need all that braking power.

Resin. Seems to have instant bite unlike metal which only develop full power when they heat up in my experience.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:23 Quote
Resin. Better feel, quieter as well. Just don’t last as long.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
naptime wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
Anybody that rides etnies though? Would definitely appreciate some feedback on these. Or ride concepts vice

Been on etnies since aboot 95 one of the few shoe companies still owned by the original owners and supported BMX ever since they've been around. I will admit I'm more a fan of the older 'Mid school' desighns as the soles are a bit thicker than the newer plimpsole type shoes but I haven't tried any of the new bike specific shoes. I really want to though but, I have about 4 pairs to get through first as I buy multiple pairs whenever I find them on sale :'D
I'm a cheap fker
Dang thanks for the feedback man, what shoes have you tried for dirtjumping though?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:35 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
Hey guys, just wanna know what shoes are y'all rocking. I did my research first so don't think that I'm just lazy, the thing is that I can't really find much on the internet for shoes except for 510's of course but as I have read, after adidas took over the company, the shoes have been kinda bad. I am kind of interested in etnies, maybe the marana with the michelin sole ones, also the ride concept vices sound kinda good, a bit on the heavier side but if it's good I'll get it. So what shoes do you guys ride?
Vans. Get the ones on sale and get em for 40 bucks. Even if you need to replace them twice a year (which you won't) they're cheaper then 510s. I went through a pair for 510's in 3 months

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
I don't understand how that's possible. How often are you riding? What kind of pedals? How did you qualify that your shoes were done after 3 months?

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:41 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
naptime wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:

I'm a cheap fker
Dang thanks for the feedback man, what shoes have you tried for dirtjumping though?

Prettyuch the same thing.... just smaller wheels :'D
I've had 510 freeriders (for DH/FR) pre addidas an they where good but, I bought a second pair after the buyout an they deteriorated inside in a matter of weeks, then the midsoles blew out. I vowed I'd never pay that £€$ for shoes again. I buy what evers on sale....
I do really wanna try the new bike specific Etnies though...

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
I guess there is a massive difference in quality between different pairs of Adidas shoes

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.050495
Mobile Version of Website