Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:41 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
naptime wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
Anybody that rides etnies though? Would definitely appreciate some feedback on these. Or ride concepts vice

Been on etnies since aboot 95 one of the few shoe companies still owned by the original owners and supported BMX ever since they've been around. I will admit I'm more a fan of the older 'Mid school' desighns as the soles are a bit thicker than the newer plimpsole type shoes but I haven't tried any of the new bike specific shoes. I really want to though but, I have about 4 pairs to get through first as I buy multiple pairs whenever I find them on sale :'D
I'm a cheap fker
Dang thanks for the feedback man, what shoes have you tried for dirtjumping though?

Prettyuch the same thing.... just smaller wheels :'D
I've had 510 freeriders (for DH/FR) pre addidas an they where good but, I bought a second pair after the buyout an they deteriorated inside in a matter of weeks, then the midsoles blew out. I vowed I'd never pay that £€$ for shoes again. I buy what evers on sale....
I do really wanna try the new bike specific Etnies though...

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
I guess there is a massive difference in quality between different pairs of Adidas shoes

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 8:43 Quote
14pslope wrote:
I don't understand how that's possible. How often are you riding? What kind of pedals? How did you qualify that your shoes were done after 3 months?
I ride about 3 times a week (not always on mtb trails). I was riding either Kona Wah Wah pedals or Yoshimura Chilao pedals, not Chromag Daggas. Below is a pic of my shoes.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 9:02 Quote
might go with some clearance rc vices, or vans half cab.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 9:12 Quote
I had 2 pairs of 510's and my soles were worse than that. I been on RC for the last 3 years and they are holding up. They sole is not as sticky as 510 tho.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 9:32 Quote
noakeabean wrote:
14pslope wrote:
I don't understand how that's possible. How often are you riding? What kind of pedals? How did you qualify that your shoes were done after 3 months?
I ride about 3 times a week (not always on mtb trails). I was riding either Kona Wah Wah pedals or Yoshimura Chilao pedals, not Chromag Daggas. Below is a pic of my shoes.

yup, I wouldn't ride those either.... the holes look scary for the pins to get caught in, I'll post mine later

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 12:28 Quote
This is after over 2 years of heavy riding along with hiking when I'm lazy to find other shoes

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
So long story short I should either get some vans that are on sale (probably the skate pro ones pr whatever theyre called?) or some ride concepts. Still no feedback on etnies though... from what I've heard, these shoes are kinda really good and i can find them for like 70€ so it sounds like a pretty good deal...
Btw what is your opinion on Nikes? Like the sneakers they look pretty good plus I know many non-sponsored riders that use them and I can confirm that nikes can take a beating from pedals with metallic pins as I've been riding for the past 2 years mtb and dirtjumps using running nike shoes and they almost have no signs of abuse. Not such good grip though so I'm looking for something else

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 12:56 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
So long story short I should either get some vans that are on sale (probably the skate pro ones pr whatever theyre called?) or some ride concepts. Still no feedback on etnies though... from what I've heard, these shoes are kinda really good and i can find them for like 70€ so it sounds like a pretty good deal...
Btw what is your opinion on Nikes? Like the sneakers they look pretty good plus I know many non-sponsored riders that use them and I can confirm that nikes can take a beating from pedals with metallic pins as I've been riding for the past 2 years mtb and dirtjumps using running nike shoes and they almost have no signs of abuse. Not such good grip though so I'm looking for something else

i have the cheapest of the etnies and i like them, but i dont know how they compare to others. pretty comfortable

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 13:03 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:

I got some Etnies camber cranks, I have not ridden any other mtb specific flat pedal shoes before these so dont really have much of a comparison, but they seem like good shoes. One thing i notice it that the side of the shoe really sticks to my crank which can be good and bad.
Really stiff compared to vans/fila skate shoes

Sole feels harder than I expected but I have almost to much grip on a pair of Nukeproof composites and decent grip on stamp bros stamp 1s on my dj

toe is quite tight so if you dont like that go a half size up

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 13:28 Quote
mior wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:

i have the cheapest of the etnies and i like them, but i dont know how they compare to others. pretty comfortable
Aye thanks man, finally an etnies review

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
13en wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:

I got some Etnies camber cranks, I have not ridden any other mtb specific flat pedal shoes before these so dont really have much of a comparison, but they seem like good shoes. One thing i notice it that the side of the shoe really sticks to my crank which can be good and bad.
Really stiff compared to vans/fila skate shoes

Sole feels harder than I expected but I have almost to much grip on a pair of Nukeproof composites and decent grip on stamp bros stamp 1s on my dj

toe is quite tight so if you dont like that go a half size up
Thanks for letting me know as well man

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 13:38 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
mior wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:

soles are a little soft and thin but i like the pedal feel. they had a pressed fabric outsole (tariff reasons) but it comes off quick and reveals the actual rubber underneath.

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 13:48 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
jespinal wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:

The price is too high regarding the bang to buck ratio, they're not incredibly priced such as specialized or shimano shoes but they don't last quite as long as any other shoe I've read reviews about
I have been riding the same pair of halfcabs for the past 4 years my guy
Well then you must ve taking really good care of them so props to you, because most people on the internet say that they don't really last that long so i don't wanna risk it
If you buy the cheap shit it will break, the vans old school pro line will literally outlive most people I mean, I ride street bmx brakeless and for the past year I've only thrown out shoes when I'm bored of them, they do take a while to get broken in and are deffinitely not stiff but you don't really need to do anything to them.

If you actually look into it and not go off whatever you read you have 2 types of shoes either vulcanized rubber or cupsole. A cupsole shoe is almost indestructible, in this line the berle pro from vans is a solid choice, I've had the same pair of gilber crocket 2 for a few years now and just recently threw them out because I tore a hole on the side but the soles where just fine

Posted: May 25, 2022 at 13:49 Quote
mior wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
mior wrote:

soles are a little soft and thin but i like the pedal feel. they had a pressed fabric outsole (tariff reasons) but it comes off quick and reveals the actual rubber underneath.
Etnies with the michelin sole does have a good life span but imo the grip is just not there I have the veer in the devon smilie colourway

Active Forum Threads
9 mins ago - Boxxer 2022 27.5" lower crown height
40 mins ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
1 hours ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Colorado Springs.
1 hours ago - Geometry & Suspension design - what creates bike characteristics
1 hours ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Denver, CO by Asaf
1 hours ago - Spells to attract love (929) 335 6292 Psychic love spells in Baltimore by Asaf
1 hours ago - Psychic Love Spell Caster (929) 3356292 Polson, MT by Asaf
1 hours ago - Shimano I Spec EV to Sram Matchmaker lever
1 hours ago - Psychic Love Spell Caster (929) 3356292 Orchard Homes, MT by Asaf
2 hours ago - Love spells in Columbia Falls, MT (929) 335 6292 By Psychic Asaf
2 hours ago - Love spells in Lewistown, MT (929) 335 6292 By Psychic Asaf
2 hours ago - What are you doing to prolong bearing life?
2 hours ago - Love spells in Sidney, MT (929) 335 6292 By Psychic Asaf
2 hours ago - Love spells in Laurel, MT (929) 335 6292 By Psychic Asaf
2 hours ago - Love spells in Livingston, MT (929) 335 6292 By Psychic Asaf
2 hours ago - Love spells in Whitefish, MT (929) 335 6292 By Psychic Asaf
2 hours ago - Lockwood, MT love spells (929) 335 6292 Get ex-lover back by Psychic Asaf
2 hours ago - Psychic (929) 335 6292 Love spells in Evergreen, Miles City Get lover back
2 hours ago - Shimano lever and caliper compatiblity
2 hours ago - Psychic (929) 335-6292 Love Spells in Montana, MT Voodoo spells of love
2 hours ago - Psychic love spells in Anaconda-Deer Lodge County +1 929 335 6292 by Asaf
2 hours ago - Love spell to make someone love you (929) 335 6292 Belgrade, MT by Psychic Asaf
3 hours ago - +1 929 335 6292 Love spells in Havre, MT by Psychic Asaf
3 hours ago - Ashland Transfer Wanted!
3 hours ago - Psychic Reading +1 845 295 3081 Love spells Kalispell, MT

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017901
Mobile Version of Website