Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 13:19 Quote
13en wrote:
Any recommendations for stopping my tire from hitting my forward foot when trying to barspin other than getting the shortest cranks i can find?

Maybe move your foot back on the pedal?

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 13:24 Quote
You should ask matt jones, he literally is 2 cm or 20 mm from hitting his front tire when doing barspins, should watch his latest bike check video when he talks about his titanium cranks, he mentions the size and goes off to show the clearance between the pedal and the front tire when backwards. My guess would be that he is tucking his front foot a bit under the crank arm kinda like bmx guys do, idk if you know what I mean, but basically this would put your front end of the shoe a bit higher thus giving you more clearance. If that doesn't work then maybe you need a frame with a higher reach or shorter cranks but i don't think 5 mm is gonna do it

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
Ride5dev makes cranks all the way down too 155mm for half the price of cane creak e wings

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 13:35 Quote
The video is called full nerd bike check 2022 and the clearance show-off is around 10:50

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 13:37 Quote
haha this might be a dumb idea, but you could run 135mm kids cranks. Hope makes an option that Remy Morton has been using on his darkfest Commencal FRS so they're durable enough.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
frame with longer reach and shorter cranks

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 14:02 Quote
Venturebikes wrote:
haha this might be a dumb idea, but you could run 135mm kids cranks. Hope makes an option that Remy Morton has been using on his darkfest Commencal FRS so they're durable enough.
i was seriously considering doing this. I wonder how different they ride too, as he was talking about how much they changed the bike feel.

But really i think i just need a bigger bike as I am only in a size 9 shoe and ride with my feet fairly far back on the pedals

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 18:31 Quote
also fork with less offset can help

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 20:11 Quote
Some people don't keep their cranks and feet perfectly horizontal for a bar spin. That will buy you some space.

Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 3:08 Quote
Crank length is very, very noticeable straight away when pumping, manualling, tables, anything really. 5mm is a noticeable difference so dropping 40mm from the average is a massive change, I absolutely believe it would change how the bike feels, as your stance will change slightly with that much of a difference. It'll almost be like riding a scooter.

If you've ever hopped off your bike onto another with slightly bent cranks, you can tell that even a minor change will be felt.

Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 3:37 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
tappy jam 2022 jameswyattt1 on instagram is the photographer

a photographer got this pic of me at the tappy jam

That was me! Glad you like it. Wink

Posted: Jun 17, 2022 at 0:55 Quote
jiimmm4 wrote:
Manniex9 wrote:
tappy jam 2022 jameswyattt1 on instagram is the photographer

a photographer got this pic of me at the tappy jam

That was me! Glad you like it. Wink

Thanks for the shot dude! You've got real photography skill

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
13en wrote:
Any recommendations for stopping my tire from hitting my forward foot when trying to barspin other than getting the shortest cranks i can find?

I try to drop the heel of my front foot which gets your toes out the way but I am tempted to try some 160mm cranks

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 14:06 Quote
Just finished my DIY frame respray on the V2 Decade, so stoked how it's turned out

photo
photo

Posted: Jun 18, 2022 at 15:18 Quote
Nice job! I thought it was a Ticket for a second.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.039435
Mobile Version of Website