Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 10:05 Quote
lizkyh wrote:
Nah, i love the pattern on those! Only other tire i could change to is table tops if they would make a comeback someday

do you find them similar to tabletops?
those were my fave mixed use dj tire and am bummed they are gone as well

specialized lists the rhythm lite control as 620g, thats not terrible if they are good tread, dth in a 2.15 is only 70g lighter and in 2.3 exo is actually heavier at 700g

i feel like tabletops were in the 550-600g realm but dont recall exactly

Posted: Jun 20, 2022 at 10:31 Quote
forty0 wrote:
lizkyh wrote:
Nah, i love the pattern on those! Only other tire i could change to is table tops if they would make a comeback someday

do you find them similar to tabletops?
those were my fave mixed use dj tire and am bummed they are gone as well

specialized lists the rhythm lite control as 620g, thats not terrible if they are good tread, dth in a 2.15 is only 70g lighter and in 2.3 exo is actually heavier at 700g

i feel like tabletops were in the 550-600g realm but dont recall exactly
I think they are pretty similar to table tops, and like you said 620g for 2.3” wide tires aint bad! The knob is a bit lower on these if you compare to TT, but that is only a good thing if you ride both dirt and street.

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 5:59 Quote
Ayo has anyone ever weighted a specialized p3 frame? Can't find info anywhere on the internet

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 14:27 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
Ayo has anyone ever weighted a specialized p3 frame? Can't find info anywhere on the internet

Just over 5 lbs

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 15:13 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:

Just over 5 lbs
Thanks for taking the time to respond man, have you ever weighted one? Or just common knowledge? Because I've heard that the ticket and the p3 are both oretty heavy for alu dj's

Posted: Jun 21, 2022 at 16:00 Quote
They are fairly heavy for aluminum. Somewhat overbuilt though.

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 8:32 Quote
seraph wrote:
They are fairly heavy for aluminum. Somewhat overbuilt though.
If that means stronger then that's good. I mean the P3 is too big for me anyways so I was gonna get another frame and sell the current one and I just wanted to know how different would the frame feel in terms of weight, I know that the most important thing in a frame is geometry and toughness if you go for alu, but I might just be a bit too picky since dj is the only thing I ride, no mtb or road or idk what else. No bmx either

Posted: Jun 22, 2022 at 23:52 Quote
seraph wrote:
jph406 wrote:
seraph wrote:
Have I posted this ridiculous thing here? My pumptrack project. 25 lbs on the dot.
Front brake fitted. 25 1 4 lbs. Can t wait to jump this thing off some curbs.

Very cool. 7 speed? What wheels and hubs? They look oil slick so DT Swiss or Bitex?

DT was only available in boost spacing. These are the Bitex they just started carrying in BTI. They feel pretty good actually, despite the price. And yeah, GX DH derailleur and cassette, X1 shifter.

May I ask what's your experience using Bitex Hub? I am thinking of changing my hub, just researching different brands.

Posted: Jun 23, 2022 at 11:06 Quote
I actually really like it so far. Good sound, good engagement, decent weight. The finish leaves something to be desired, but they're also available in black so shrug

Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 13:08 Quote
Little update on my SX

Replaced the rear shock and yoke to accept a normal metric length shock. Really happy with the way its riding currently, feels really solid. Waiting to replace the rear rim with something a little sturdier.

O+
Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 14:07 Quote
Always loved those frames, looks awesome!

Posted: Jun 26, 2022 at 22:00 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
mine weighted 2.2 kilos

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 1:34 Quote

a few upgrades on my bike

I cut the seat tube as low as possible

I'm currently trying weird tyres, there super light and roll very fast

I put a 35mm stem to help with manual and stuff

The renthal fatbar carbon bars were all scratchy and ugly looking after all those years, so a bit of sand paper and clear varnish and i'm happy with the result

The gearing was too easy, so i put an absolut black chainring that i had laying around

Fresh deathgrips and mucoff valves

Also i gave the shock to a mechanic friend and now, even on big impacts im only using 60% of the stroke

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 5:41 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
mine weighted 2.2 kilos
Thanks for taking the time to reply man, appreciate it!

Posted: Jun 27, 2022 at 5:59 Quote
seraph wrote:
Oh I forgot I changed the bar/stem out actually.
Enve bar stem installed.

How do you like that Reba 26 fork? Do you feel any flex especially on those rare occasions where we're not as graceful on DJs?

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.019023
Mobile Version of Website