Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
O+
Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 12:20 Quote
Minx20 wrote:
'09 Atomlab Pimp2 / DJ3 fork
 09 Atomlab Pimp2 with DJ3 Had it for 7 years more of a BMX Street build. Got it originally factory stock.

Dam that's a throwback.

The atomlab suspension fork would have taken the cake.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 15:12 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
Minx20 wrote:
 09 Atomlab Pimp2 with DJ3 Had it for 7 years more of a BMX Street build. Got it originally factory stock.

Dam that's a throwback.

The atomlab suspension fork would have taken the cake.

Yeah, I had chance to pick one of those forks up, but never heard enough positive feedback on them to pull the trigger.

Build:
Marzocchi DJ3 Bomber fork w/20mm dropouts.
• Atomlab Pimp hubs / General Issue rims.
w/stainless spokes and black nips.
• Profile Acustic stem - 53mm / polished
• Profile stem lock - polished
• Profile 28.6mm midschool seatclamp - polished / engraved logo
• S&M 29'er cruiser bars - chrome
• Subrosa Easy Rider pivotal seat
• Black Ops pivotal stainless steel seatpost
• Atomlab disc caliper / Tektro lever
• Profile 175mm DJ cranks chrome
• Profile 6" GDH spindle with Ti bolts
• Profile euro polished bb
• Odyssey 30t sprocket hand polished.
• KMC Z chain
• Odyssey Twisted PC pedals
• Resist Nomad 26x2.25 tires

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 15:46 Quote
14pslope wrote:
I've been semi bitching about the weight of my bike versus other dj's but just checked and I'm at 26.8 lbs
Not bad for a slope bike, not bad at all. The stock p3 comes in around the same weight as your p3 slope

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 18:07 Quote
Minx20 wrote:
Very slick!!!

Posted: Jul 9, 2022 at 18:00 Quote
thinking I'll make it into Friday Fails with this one from yesterday
Views: 166    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 0:14 Quote

my dave with few parts changed Smile

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 8:16 Quote
Polygon Trid ZZ Rockshox Pike DJ Title bar 50mm rise 740mm wide Title stem 31mm Sensus EMJ grips Hope Tech 3 E4 brake Halo Chaos wheels Conti Speedking tires Tubolito tubes DMR vault pedals Sram GX cranks 165mm 32T chainring Sram XX1 chain Reverse Components chain tensioner Reverse Components single speed 13T

Polygon Trid ZZ Rockshox Pike DJ Title bar 50mm rise 740mm wide Title stem 31mm Sensus EMJ grips Hope Tech 3 E4 brake Halo Chaos wheels Conti Speedking tires Tubolito tubes DMR vault pedals Sram GX cranks 165mm 32T chainring Sram XX1 chain Reverse Components chain tensioner Reverse Components single speed 13T

Here's my 2022 Polygon Trid ZZ
Rockshox Pike DJ
Title bar 50mm rise 740mm wide
Title stem 31mm
Sensus EMJ grips
Hope Tech 3 E4 brake
Halo Chaos wheels
Conti Speedking tires
Tubolito tubes
DMR vault pedals
Sram GX cranks 165mm 32T chainring
Sram XX1 chain
Reverse Components chain tensioner
Reverse Components single speed 13T
Weighing in at 25lbs

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 9:14 Quote
clean af. what parts needed upgrading or seemed subpar on the stock build? been working really hard to get money to buy a trid zz. not being able to have a job is annoying.

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 12:49 Quote
Crust Dead Sailor by Frank The Welder
Pike DJ fork
Title cockpit
Onyx hubs
We Are One rims

22.5lbs

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 13:10 Quote
any pivotal saddle recomendations?

O+
Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 13:12 Quote
randyfloyd wrote:
Crust Dead Sailor by Frank The Welder
Pike DJ fork
Title cockpit
Onyx hubs
We Are One rims

22.5lbs

Digging this build. Classy for sure.

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 13:15 Quote
mior wrote:
clean af. what parts needed upgrading or seemed subpar on the stock build? been working really hard to get money to buy a trid zz. not being able to have a job is annoying.

Thanks! The bike is definitely rideable as is out of the box, just a bit heavy(just under 33lbs stock). The wheels/tires and cranks are pretty heavy, that's what I replaced first. I had the bar, stem, brake and pedals leftover from my trail bike that I sold so I put them on. I love the bike, I would definitely recommend it. I have the rear shock at 250psi and it feels pretty firm, not quite a hardtail feel but close and it still gives a little bit on hard landings. I rode it with gears for the first couple weeks but decided to go SS just to cut some weight and clean up the looks. The Reverse chain tensioner is pretty nice but I wish I could get some more tension on it, the chain slaps around a little more than I'd like.

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 13:29 Quote
stanimal42 wrote:
mior wrote:

Thanks! The bike is definitely rideable as is out of the box, just a bit heavy(just under 33lbs stock). The wheels/tires and cranks are pretty heavy, that's what I replaced first. I had the bar, stem, brake and pedals leftover from my trail bike that I sold so I put them on. I love the bike, I would definitely recommend it. I have the rear shock at 250psi and it feels pretty firm, not quite a hardtail feel but close and it still gives a little bit on hard landings. I rode it with gears for the first couple weeks but decided to go SS just to cut some weight and clean up the looks. The Reverse chain tensioner is pretty nice but I wish I could get some more tension on it, the chain slaps around a little more than I'd like.

does it come with the downtube shifter mount?

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 13:31 Quote
mior wrote:
stanimal42 wrote:
mior wrote:

Yes, and there is even a little port so you and keep it routed through the frame.

Posted: Jul 10, 2022 at 13:34 Quote
stanimal42 wrote:
mior wrote:
stanimal42 wrote:

Yes, and there is even a little port so you and keep it routed through the frame.
cool. its a clean build either way. what did you do with the old drivetrain? (im getting tired of shimano zeeWink )

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022282
Mobile Version of Website