Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Author Message
Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 3:43 Quote
As far as I remember, if you wanted a traditional post on the Capital, you could cut the integrated one off and it was a normal 25.4mm ID seat tube, and back them wedge mod posts were semi popular so you could just shove one of those in if you wanted the seat higher. Not sure if the OD corresponded to any clamp size in particular, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 5:07 Quote
[Quote]
NS still make the capital, I have a 2022 which has a tapered head tube and a traditional adjustable seat post. Its a fantastic thing but doesn't get ridden anywhere near as much as my dj bike[/Quote]

I have been lusting after a cap 26 since i first laid eyes on it. It could be the replacement ive been looking for after 25 years of bmx. Dirt jumpers are just to mellow at skateparks.
You Should post a picture

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 21:46 Quote
seraph wrote:
A small part of me will always lust after the brakeless suspension-fork-only bikes that others could ride but I would crash on immediately.

SAY NO MORE

Posted: Jul 24, 2022 at 21:47 Quote
kinda getting nose bonks

Views: 157    Faves: 1    Comments: 1


not ridden much lately so my body hurts now haha

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 3:35 Quote
Ayo mannie what bars were you riding?

Posted: Jul 25, 2022 at 7:22 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Ayo mannie what bars were you riding?

Ns districts, best bars in the business

Posted: Jul 26, 2022 at 12:10 Quote
Views: 82    Faves: 2    Comments: 0


Did some bowl riding

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 5:46 Quote
lizkyh wrote:
forty0 wrote:
lizkyh wrote:
Nah, i love the pattern on those! Only other tire i could change to is table tops if they would make a comeback someday

do you find them similar to tabletops?
those were my fave mixed use dj tire and am bummed they are gone as well

specialized lists the rhythm lite control as 620g, thats not terrible if they are good tread, dth in a 2.15 is only 70g lighter and in 2.3 exo is actually heavier at 700g

i feel like tabletops were in the 550-600g realm but dont recall exactly
I think they are pretty similar to table tops, and like you said 620g for 2.3” wide tires aint bad! The knob is a bit lower on these if you compare to TT, but that is only a good thing if you ride both dirt and street.

I reply to myself... But look what i found, a set of new Tabletops! A guy listed them as "2pc new bike tires 26" so i was kinda lucky to open that listing and find out they were Table Tops Big Grin (and they were cheap)

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 9:37 Quote
lizkyh wrote:
lizkyh wrote:
forty0 wrote:


do you find them similar to tabletops?
those were my fave mixed use dj tire and am bummed they are gone as well

specialized lists the rhythm lite control as 620g, thats not terrible if they are good tread, dth in a 2.15 is only 70g lighter and in 2.3 exo is actually heavier at 700g

i feel like tabletops were in the 550-600g realm but dont recall exactly
I think they are pretty similar to table tops, and like you said 620g for 2.3” wide tires aint bad! The knob is a bit lower on these if you compare to TT, but that is only a good thing if you ride both dirt and street.

I reply to myself... But look what i found, a set of new Tabletops! A guy listed them as "2pc new bike tires 26" so i was kinda lucky to open that listing and find out they were Table Tops Big Grin (and they were cheap)
Well done man, I found a guy that sells a dj for like 700 euros that is decent ngl it's a steal and it has table tops on it like i swear you would pay this much just for the tires nowadays

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 9:47 Quote
Anyways, just today I saw a 2014 gt distortion and I think I'm in love. I mean why don't they make such great and most importantly beautiful (yes, beautiful, half the sport is showing off anyways) bikes, it looks like it's a 2023 prototype or something, couldn't find any of them for sale though and that's sad, not that I could afford one but at least I could dream about owning it lol

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 12:33 Quote

PK Ripper DJ 26.

It came mostly assembled... the crank, fork and rear end was assembled at the factory. yet I am experiencing a lil sound in the drive train. feels like the bottom bracket is clicking under heavy load. Any suggestions?

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
RallySoob wrote:

PK Ripper DJ 26.

It came mostly assembled... the crank, fork and rear end was assembled at the factory. yet I am experiencing a lil sound in the drive train. feels like the bottom bracket is clicking under heavy load. Any suggestions?

Take the cranks and BB apart, lube the shit out of everything, and put it back together.

Bottom bracket creaking is one of those things that everyone deals with at some point. After trawling through hundreds of threads and taking a side in the "threaded vs. press-fit" religious war, you'll eventually resort to blunt force maintenance, replacing 100% of the bike multiple times, and sacrificing burnt offerings to the old gods to make a tiny creak go away.

Good luck!

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 13:34 Quote
wilson-rides1776 wrote:
What's the diffrence between dj and street?

DJs are meant to be ridden, street is not.

With purpose-built terrain you don't really need to generate your own pop from scratch. I think a lot of the geometry differences flow from there.

Posted: Jul 27, 2022 at 14:14 Quote
crs-one wrote:
wilson-rides1776 wrote:
What's the diffrence between dj and street?

DJs are meant to be ridden, street is not.

With purpose-built terrain you don't really need to generate your own pop from scratch. I think a lot of the geometry differences flow from there.

Wtf...wut? Dj's if you're good have way more flow, street you're landing pretty hard no matter what. Please explain


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019823
Mobile Version of Website