Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Hey Ontario guys what are your favourite public pump tracks other than joyride 150?

How is the uxbridge pump track? Is it the best? What about the tilsonburg skatepark/ pump track?

Is there any that are great but I am missing?

Sunnyside- pretty good
Mclennan park- sucks
Brantford rotary bike park - good
Alton - good

Hard to find much info online about them but the uxbridge one looks like it could be worth the 2h drive one way just wondering what some real riders think of it though?

I am not really a pumptrack rider probably because I smoke and am not in great shape but my gf likes them as she doesn’t ride dirtjumps or skatepark and its fun to get out with her

The pump track at the don Jumps is probably the longest in terms of length.

And the doubles at the don are in pretty good shape now too.

Additionally all the jumps nearest to the train track side are rollable.

I have never been to the don I thought it was just trails for xc bikes thanks for the info

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 8:40 Quote
14pslope wrote:
in my experience, any pumtrack built by Velosolutions is always 10/10 , the Uxbridge track is amazing but need to find scooter free time to really let rip

So any suggestions when the best time to avoid the scooters? Early in the morning?

Or wait till schools back in lol

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Hey Ontario guys what are your favourite public pump tracks other than joyride 150?

How is the uxbridge pump track? Is it the best? What about the tilsonburg skatepark/ pump track?

Is there any that are great but I am missing?

Sunnyside- pretty good
Mclennan park- sucks
Brantford rotary bike park - good
Alton - good

Hard to find much info online about them but the uxbridge one looks like it could be worth the 2h drive one way just wondering what some real riders think of it though?

I am not really a pumptrack rider probably because I smoke and am not in great shape but my gf likes them as she doesn’t ride dirtjumps or skatepark and its fun to get out with her

The pump track at the don Jumps is probably the longest in terms of length.

And the doubles at the don are in pretty good shape now too.

Additionally all the jumps nearest to the train track side are rollable.

I have never been to the don I thought it was just trails for xc bikes thanks for the info

There is, but there's a good DJ spot. Just shoot me a PM and I'll send you the directions how to get to the jumps and where to park.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 8:50 Quote
mior wrote:
stoobot wrote:
mior wrote:
ok so turns out they are bulding a new slalom track (probably built by kyle strait) near me. are racekings good enough?

Probably the perfect tyre for that, Maybe a X King on the front if it gets a bit wet
bruh its san diego it rains about 5 times a year

Just reminded me of that line from Anchor Man :'D

Mod
Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 9:43 Quote
naptime wrote:
mior wrote:
stoobot wrote:

Probably the perfect tyre for that, Maybe a X King on the front if it gets a bit wet

Just reminded me of that line from Anchor Man :'D
lol.... i need to watch it.

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 1:39 Quote
mior wrote:
stoobot wrote:
mior wrote:
ok so turns out they are bulding a new slalom track (probably built by kyle strait) near me. are racekings good enough?

Lucky AF dude, It rains 5 times a week here

Posted: Aug 7, 2022 at 21:03 Quote
Raceking 2.2/2.20 ok? The bike came with a 2.125/2.25 off set

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 1:14 Quote
RallySoob wrote:
Raceking 2.2/2.20 ok? The bike came with a 2.125/2.25 off set
Yes, should be alright

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
14pslope wrote:
in my experience, any pumtrack built by Velosolutions is always 10/10 , the Uxbridge track is amazing but need to find scooter free time to really let rip

Pretty much true. I raced the Red Bull World Qualifier this weekend on our Velo pump track and made the Top 32 bracket on my Ticket race bike. Finished 26th out of 90 or something. Then my 5yo won his finals bracket at the USA Pump Track Championship next day. I took 6th out of 21, racing my full suspension slope bike haha

Good weekend!

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 7:58 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
14pslope wrote:

Pretty much true. I raced the Red Bull World Qualifier this weekend on our Velo pump track and made the Top 32 bracket on my Ticket race bike. Finished 26th out of 90 or something. Then my 5yo won his finals bracket at the USA Pump Track Championship next day. I took 6th out of 21, racing my full suspension slope bike haha

Good weekend!

That's all kind of awesome! What bike were you on? Just pumped the shocks up to the max?

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 6:15 Quote
mrpercussive wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
14pslope wrote:

Good weekend!

That's all kind of awesome! What bike were you on? Just pumped the shocks up to the max?

Race bike was more than .5sec faster than the slope bike.

Race BIke -- 20lbs
photo

Slope Bike 25lbs
photo

Mod
Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 6:29 Quote
Djnewbieplshelp wrote:
mior wrote:
stoobot wrote:

Yeah, Really good all round choice. id be surprised if it only saves 400g
vee tires are 790 and racekings are 680, just assuming normal tubes are around 200g and the aerothans are 81g.
That is if you get the performance (aka shieldwall system) tires, plenty of grip but gets deformed pretty easily (the notorious tire wobble while the rim is true) so it's a pretty bad tire for the back, could work in the front but it's way too heavy. Now if you care about puncture resistance, the raceking protection ones are double the price but only weigh in about 535 grams which is really low and I actually own one as well (front), so so so much grip and they claim it has lower rolling resistance than the performance one but honestly I can't tell the difference. If you don't care about puncture resistance, but still want some traction, there is the racesport raceking which is only 465 grams, good for barspins etc. If you want something like the maxxis dth then go for the speedking, only 410 grams and got side knobs so you don't have to worry about sharp turns. Not really puncture resistant though. I went with the safe option, the raceking protection in the front as I'm not super rich like the people that run the non protection lighter ones. If I had the money though I'd either go both speedking, or racesport raceking front, speeding rear
raceking protection are only 30 bucks so i might go the bit more. thanks for letting me know.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 9:52 Quote
What is a good crank set to replace the bmx style crank set on my dj26? There are so many options and Ive been out of the game for long time. My goal is to cut as much weight possible and still have reasonable durability & 26T chain ring compatible... . I don't go near as hard as most of you guys... just 2-3ft tall jumps, mtb trails, pump track, daily driver.

raceface turbine is the one I landed on so far but not sure how it compare to what is available across the board.

200$ is target price give or take...not including bb/chainring ofcourse.

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 10:43 Quote
MTB or BMX chain/gearing?

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
naptime wrote:
MTB or BMX chain/gearing?

MTB

Its a 25/14 now... Im just trying to go up to 26T in front. raceface makes one... I figured chain should be ez part. its an SE pk ripper dj26

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.034633
Mobile Version of Website