Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 11:08 Quote
looking at Paul Coudercs IG he's running a Pilot Slope with a different pattern on the rear

Mod
Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 11:47 Quote
14pslope wrote:
looking at Paul Coudercs IG he's running a Pilot Slope with a different pattern on the rear
looks like the michelin equivalent of like a dth or something

Posted: Sep 11, 2022 at 21:10 Quote
millsr4 wrote:
Has anybody here tried the Kenda Booster DJ tire? I haven't been able to find any reviews on them from my searches. DTH's don't have enough grip on our local pump tracks for my liking so I just ordered a booster to put on the front of my DJ bike along with a 2.1 small block 8 out back.

https://shop.kendatire.com/Booster-Pro-p/214333.htm

photo
Must be something like the maxxis ikon, should be fine for what you want it for, more grip.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 18:29 Quote
Put on some Maxxis Hookworms today. I've been wanting to run these for awhile. I ride mostly sidewalks with my kid and the local pumptrack that is pretty much quikrete and clay.

photo
photo
photo

Mod
Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 19:19 Quote
only people i know who use hookworms are wheelie boyz. they look perfect for ultra groomed dirt and pavement

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 19:26 Quote
mior wrote:
only people i know who use hookworms are wheelie boyz. they look perfect for ultra groomed dirt and pavement

I was trying to think of the name … thanks for filling that in. First cruise up the street they seem solid, fast and real grippy.

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 20:12 Quote
Only reason I never ran them is because they used to be ultra heavy, is that still the case?

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 20:16 Quote
14pslope wrote:
Only reason I never ran them is because they used to be ultra heavy, is that still the case?

They seem light enough. Don’t know if I could tell the difference from the ikon/rhythm lite that I had mounted before. They are a lot of rubber at 26x2.5.

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 23:16 Quote
Nag they still 2lbs+

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 23:18 Quote
It's a shame that maxxis can't fet their head out of their ass because they're sitting on a well known tire that everyone would ride purely for looks but they refuse to take weight off of them

Posted: Sep 13, 2022 at 23:24 Quote
they remind me of the tyres from a cheap ass chinese E scooter (puke emoji)

Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 0:50 Quote
ya they just need to make it 2.2 and a touch thinner and it's done

Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 0:52 Quote
jph406 wrote:
Put on some Maxxis Hookworms today. I've been wanting to run these for awhile. I ride mostly sidewalks with my kid and the local pumptrack that is pretty much quikrete and clay.

photo
photo
photo
you must be over 6 foot tall... I really want one of these frames (that color) to build a match to my p slope

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 7:24 Quote
14pslope wrote:
jph406 wrote:

you must be over 6 foot tall... I really want one of these frames (that color) to build a match to my p slope

6'1"

Mod
Posted: Sep 14, 2022 at 8:34 Quote
anyone know any short cranks that would fit on the Trid ZZ? want to get it but im currently running 152 kids cranks and i love the short feel

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.210004
Mobile Version of Website