Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
I really want to know how y’all are patient enough to collect all your parts up before you build. My builds usually get a piece hung on em every time the doorbell rings.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 15:59 Quote
mior wrote:
random question but what would a coil shock feel like on a slope bike? it sound interesting to make it kinda like a mini freeride bike

Not recommend. Kind of silly if you ask me. Stroke on a slope bike shock is quite short. Therefore a coil shock might not exist and if it did you wouldn't benefit from one.

Freeride and slope bikes are quite different.

Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 20:24 Quote
nubbs wrote:
mior wrote:
random question but what would a coil shock feel like on a slope bike? it sound interesting to make it kinda like a mini freeride bike

Not recommend. Kind of silly if you ask me. Stroke on a slope bike shock is quite short. Therefore a coil shock might not exist and if it did you wouldn't benefit from one.

Freeride and slope bikes are quite different.
ok thats what i thought. 7.5x2 shocks are widely available

Posted: Sep 28, 2022 at 20:46 Quote
Just my opinion but, I think you'd loose the ramp up of air, so you'd need a a super heavy coil like 650 or higher. Gotta remember that slope suss is super stiff to take away the heavy impacts of landings not really for root hugging grip in the chunder.... that's wherethe plushness of a coil works better

O+
Posted: Oct 1, 2022 at 19:52 Quote
Just built this... Started as left over parts build. Wanted to make a 27.5 dirt jumper. Purchased a few upgrades along the way.

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 10:33 Quote
I have dreams of making a 27.5" FS slope bike. Maybe short-shocking a mid-travel trail bike.

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 11:08 Quote
I've semi shortlisted a Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt for this idea....

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 13:45 Quote
I just built up a custom geo full suspension Marino that's basically tall guy slopeduro geo. None of the brands with bikes I wanted had frames or suitable bikes available, I found a crack in my Salsa, figured I might as well experiment since it's cheap.

It would not be very popular in the enduro threads right now because of the super short chainstay relative to reach, but first ride last night felt good. I'll keep y'all posted.

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 14:02 Quote
I tried a commencal clash in small yesterday

I am so buying one for slopeduro purposes

Posted: Oct 2, 2022 at 18:28 Quote
Rheeder is looking damn good on them

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 12:59 Quote
I feel like slopeduro popularity comes in waves?
One yt creator builds one and then everyone does, then it kinda dies out? Idk maybe just my two cents. I think the concept is cool, definitely need to try one one day

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 13:12 Quote
Manniex9 wrote:
I feel like slopeduro popularity comes in waves?
One yt creator builds one and then everyone does, then it kinda dies out? Idk maybe just my two cents. I think the concept is cool, definitely need to try one one day

Always been a thing but just before enduro was about we just called them play bikes or they were pretty much just ds/4x bikes

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 14:11 Quote
Anyone remembers the yt play? Man that was a sick bike

Tbh a clash in size small/medium seems like a pretty fun bikepark machine that I could spin somewhat effortlessly

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 14:12 Quote
I mean i havent been following types of MTB for a few years because they come up with a new category every few months, but from my viewpoint they're basically freeride bikes just with a stupid name. And it does come in waves, the type of bike hasn't been popular for a while, 2007-2010ish single crown fork 160-180mm bikes designed for trails and jumps were everywhere, a lot of major manufacturers had them in they're line-up, then they got replaced with enduro bikes.

Posted: Oct 3, 2022 at 14:17 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
I mean i havent been following types of MTB for a few years because they come up with a new category every few months, but from my viewpoint they're basically freeride bikes just with a stupid name. And it does come in waves, the type of bike hasn't been popular for a while, 2007-2010ish single crown fork 160-180mm bikes designed for trails and jumps were everywhere, a lot of major manufacturers had them in they're line-up, then they got replaced with enduro bikes.
sounds like somebody wants a bottlerocket Big Grin

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032907
Mobile Version of Website