Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Nov 26, 2022 at 18:08 Quote
Check out the new WeThePeople Chaos Machine getting ready to be released. Another sick trails option with disc and 990 CS mounts!

Posted: Nov 26, 2022 at 20:01 Quote
sdg thrice 31s

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 0:53 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
yo13bo wrote:
Figured this might be appreciated in here, it does have mtb parts on it lol
waiting on my frame to be built. Doing the same thing! I love it!

Yeah nice, I waited around 9 months for mine, and with parts being hard to find at the moment its been almost a year since I ordered it to when I actually built it, even then I want to change the cranks and sprocket (thats the last US made Tree Sprocket in 36t and I really don't want to wear it out or bend it). If you aren't grinding discs are the go. the Cerakote has a pretty cool texture and finish too.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 5:13 Quote
Oof that’s a long one. Mine is coming from a somewhat local builder down in Athens Ga. He said 8 weeks but if it comes before 6 mo I’ll consider it a win. I wound up buying a ridiculously nice and ridiculous wheelset 2nd hand for way too cheap which kicked off the build. A dude had built up disc 20” wheels with profile mtb hubs for a recumbent. So the builder is building me a 20” bike with 135mm rear.

Question for you, what size disc did you end up going with? It looks really good.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
A dude had built up disc 20” wheels with profile mtb hubs for a recumbent.

Profile hubs. On a recumbent.

Eek

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
barp wrote:
gotohe11carolina wrote:
A dude had built up disc 20” wheels with profile mtb hubs for a recumbent.

Profile hubs. On a recumbent.

Eek

Ha, gotta have that buzzzzzzzz.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 10:36 Quote
The recumbent world seems absolutely wild. They're also responsible for geared microdrive (thanks Canfield for bringing it to mtb) with the ancient Shimano Capreo group.

Makes me wonder what other innovations they've got for us waiting to be discovered.

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 13:07 Quote
What size sprockets are y’all running?

Sorry for like the 200 questions I’m trying to build up a bike rn

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 14:18 Quote
Parks-Whalen wrote:

what size rear cog do you have?

Posted: Nov 27, 2022 at 15:45 Quote
gotohe11carolina wrote:
Oof that’s a long one. Mine is coming from a somewhat local builder down in Athens Ga. He said 8 weeks but if it comes before 6 mo I’ll consider it a win. I wound up buying a ridiculously nice and ridiculous wheelset 2nd hand for way too cheap which kicked off the build. A dude had built up disc 20” wheels with profile mtb hubs for a recumbent. So the builder is building me a 20” bike with 135mm rear.

Question for you, what size disc did you end up going with? It looks really good.

I've got a 140mm, there's no lack of power and the modulations surprisingly good, the quad pistons complete overkill, a V2 would have sufficed, but why not, I haven't had a Hope brake before and it was hard to find a right hand rear anything in Aus.

Posted: Nov 28, 2022 at 7:19 Quote
Nobble wrote:
Parks-Whalen wrote:

what size rear cog do you have?

im not sure. i bought the bike used and it dose not say on the rear cog. next time i take my wheel apart ill just count em

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020547
Mobile Version of Website