Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 12:00 Quote
nicoSB wrote:

A few mods since I built this bike a year ago,
i cut the seattube a few cm
new short shock with a reduce stroke, its gives me 110mm or so, but i barely use 2/3 of it on most jumps
Slickest tires i could find in 27.5 without going full gravel tires, there actually pretty good
At 11kg with every bits pumped to max psi, it goes pretty fast around the pumptrak

This thing is cool. Very cool.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 12:47 Quote
almost like a big slope bike. sick!

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 12:59 Quote
Exactly like a big slope bike.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
seraph wrote:
Exactly like a big slope bike.
would love something like that, 120mm and 26". custom is an option but a trid zz is more accessible

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 13:27 Quote
I need a 27.5" slope bike. I'm too tall and inflexible for a 26" bike.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 17:18 Quote
damn that's sick, makes me consider giving up the p slope........

how does a slacker head angle feel going up the lip tho?? like a 66

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 22:03 Quote
https://imgur.com/a/Anu9KOf

Recently came into this old school spooky Metalhead. From my understanding this was one of the first dirt jumper bikes - having a hard time find much info out about it. I am a mountain biker and probably looking to get rid of this, any idea where I would have the best luck?

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 23:28 Quote
Might be some people on the forums at BMX Museum who are interested.

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 2:09 Quote
14pslope wrote:
damn that's sick, makes me consider giving up the p slope........

how does a slacker head angle feel going up the lip tho?? like a 66

its around 67, id like to get the fork lowered to 120mm but on this model of 36, its not easily done, so 140 will do.
I mainly do pumptrack and bmx track, so no huge dirtjumps, but i never jumped higher than with this thing, even compared to the dj i had before

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 4:29 Quote
jph406 wrote:
nicoSB wrote:

A few mods since I built this bike a year ago,
i cut the seattube a few cm
new short shock with a reduce stroke, its gives me 110mm or so, but i barely use 2/3 of it on most jumps
Slickest tires i could find in 27.5 without going full gravel tires, there actually pretty good
At 11kg with every bits pumped to max psi, it goes pretty fast around the pumptrak

This thing is cool. Very cool.

Prettyyyyy

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 17:05 Quote
Dang that thing is so sick. You could drop a fair bit of weight by losing the front brake and cassette if you're really on the hunt for grams. Epic bike either way!!!

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 0:13 Quote
hayden4x wrote:
Dang that thing is so sick. You could drop a fair bit of weight by losing the front brake and cassette if you're really on the hunt for grams. Epic bike either way!!!

thanks, its my favorite of all my bikes, a canyon sender is a close second. I have so much fun with it, and going to the pumptrack 2/3 times a week helped me so much, seeing progress is such a boost, every time i go there, i unlock something new

Yeah i thought about singlespeed and frontbrake at first, but i like my gears and brakes too much! and the cassette is a x0 7s, it doesnt weigh a lot.

Also, the bike is meant to do a lot of things, commuting to work 15k each way is one of them, and with all those crazy drivers around, you better have brakes lol

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 7:28 Quote
that bike looks all business. nice build nico...

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 8:21 Quote
That’s a dope build!

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 8:33 Quote
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but by any chance dose anyone have an old stright steer airfork for a dj laying around that they are willing to sell? Ive been looking through buysell and cant really find much.
-Parks

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.100019
Mobile Version of Website