Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 10:29 Quote
I believe RST makes the Space fork with a straight steerer. After that, the Circus line and fox makes the 36 831 with a straight steer tube as well.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 10:37 Quote
seraph wrote:
I believe RST makes the Space fork with a straight steerer. After that, the Circus line and fox makes the 36 831 with a straight steer tube as well.

Almost 100% positive they discontinued the 26" 36 forks after 2021. I noticed at least on the CAD side they had no item listing for it. Maybe it's different in the states.

Mod
Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 10:47 Quote
seraph wrote:
if you are ok with waiting bike24 has some great deals
https://www.bike24.com/p2459067.html?source=SRP&indexName=production_SEARCH_INDEX_EN&objectId=MAN528009&queryId=552aae3fb41ae70eef427835a713ba00&userToken=1a84e7e5-17ed-4eb8-a0e7-b9d9cb1b6cad
1 left in stock

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 15:03 Quote
Parks-Whalen wrote:
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but by any chance dose anyone have an old stright steer airfork for a dj laying around that they are willing to sell? Ive been looking through buysell and cant really find much.
-Parks

You can always buy a Manitou Circus fork, they still make straight steerer forks.

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 19:09 Quote
Yeah I was looking at the manitou circus expert. I currently have an argyle 302 that sounds like a can of nails lmao. Thanks for the info tho. I’ll take a look at some of those.

Posted: Dec 4, 2022 at 21:54 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
seraph wrote:

Almost 100% positive they discontinued the 26" 36 forks after 2021. I noticed at least on the CAD side they had no item listing for it. Maybe it's different in the states.

That might be true. I had one back on my last Blur 4X build. Probably should have held onto it.
Neat bikes are neat.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 7:54 Quote
seraph wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
seraph wrote:

That might be true. I had one back on my last Blur 4X build. Probably should have held onto it.
Neat bikes are neat.

This was one of my favorite builds @Seraph.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
zmcycle wrote:
seraph wrote:

This is correct. Now only the bomber dj is being made. Fox has SOME straight steerer CSU sometimes and you can create a straight steerer bomber dj if you really want one.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 8:42 Quote
nubbs wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
seraph wrote:

This is correct. Now only the bomber dj is being made. Fox has SOME straight steerer CSU sometimes and you can create a straight steerer bomber dj if you really want one.

You probably have to act pretty quick on that I image before it's all sold out.

Posted: Dec 5, 2022 at 8:48 Quote
Yeah I could do a conversion, but I bought this bike for 300 bucks and don’t wanna dump to much into it. I’m about to get a more modern dj. I just wanted to build this bike up for fun.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 2:37 Quote
seraph wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
seraph wrote:

Neat bikes are neat.

Very cool build!

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 3:08 Quote
nubbs wrote:
zmcycle wrote:
seraph wrote:

Correct, some companies are able to change tapered steerer to straight steerer.

Here is a company that does that: https://www.rsfsus.co.uk/pages/what-we-do

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 4:14 Quote
I don’t know how much it would cost but my lbs can actually press out and press in a 1/8 steertube

I havent had it done they just mentioned it last time I bought a frame

Might be worth looking into

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 6:00 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
I don’t know how much it would cost but my lbs can actually press out and press in a 1/8 steertube

I havent had it done they just mentioned it last time I bought a frame

Might be worth looking into
The lbs here will also do that. We are pretty close to you.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.036259
Mobile Version of Website