Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Author Message
Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 6:00 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
I don’t know how much it would cost but my lbs can actually press out and press in a 1/8 steertube

I havent had it done they just mentioned it last time I bought a frame

Might be worth looking into
The lbs here will also do that. We are pretty close to you.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 6:58 Quote
T1 chain ring I spy?

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 7:10 Quote
naptime wrote:
T1 chain ring I spy?

It is indeed!

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 10:22 Quote
quick question: what happens if you run way lower air pressure than recommended on dj forks and just use it for a bit of trail riding? I basically feel like the recommended pressures for your weight are so the fork is used as intended which in this case is dirtjumping and requires a lot more pressure so the fork doesn't bottom out when riding big boy stuff. Then again my knowledge on forks is cow dodo so maybe if you'd like just try to explain to me why this is/isn't possible or if it is possible but dangerous etc instead of a yes/no

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 10:49 Quote
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:
quick question: what happens if you run way lower air pressure than recommended on dj forks and just use it for a bit of trail riding? I basically feel like the recommended pressures for your weight are so the fork is used as intended which in this case is dirtjumping and requires a lot more pressure so the fork doesn't bottom out when riding big boy stuff. Then again my knowledge on forks is cow dodo so maybe if you'd like just try to explain to me why this is/isn't possible or if it is possible but dangerous etc instead of a yes/no

The only thing that "happens" is that your fork is softer, and may bottom out more easily.

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 10:53 Quote
seraph wrote:
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:
quick question: what happens if you run way lower air pressure than recommended on dj forks and just use it for a bit of trail riding? I basically feel like the recommended pressures for your weight are so the fork is used as intended which in this case is dirtjumping and requires a lot more pressure so the fork doesn't bottom out when riding big boy stuff. Then again my knowledge on forks is cow dodo so maybe if you'd like just try to explain to me why this is/isn't possible or if it is possible but dangerous etc instead of a yes/no

The only thing that "happens" is that your fork is softer, and may bottom out more easily.
Alright so it's that easy... Thanks Seraph, that's all I needed to know

Posted: Dec 6, 2022 at 12:39 Quote
parts came in for the slope build. getting the bike soon.

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 13:54 Quote
mior wrote:
parts came in for the slope build. getting the bike soon.

Nice! What frame you going for?

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
Joebohobo wrote:
mior wrote:
parts came in for the slope build. getting the bike soon.

Nice! What frame you going for?
getting a stock trid zz soon and then changing out a few bits. singlespeed drive, conti cross/racekings, lightweight tubes

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 14:07 Quote
mior wrote:
Joebohobo wrote:
mior wrote:
parts came in for the slope build. getting the bike soon.

Nice! What frame you going for?
getting a stock trid zz soon and then changing out a few bits. singlespeed drive, conti cross/racekings, lightweight tubes

Sounds sick!

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 14:09 Quote
Joebohobo wrote:
mior wrote:
Joebohobo wrote:


Nice! What frame you going for?
getting a stock trid zz soon and then changing out a few bits. singlespeed drive, conti cross/racekings, lightweight tubes

Sounds sick!
it will be

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 14:13 Quote
http://blackmarketbikes.com/
just found out the black market site is still up

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 15:20 Quote
mior wrote:
http://blackmarketbikes.com/
just found out the black market site is still up

I found that the other day as well. Got my hopes up, but they are definitely not in business.

Posted: Dec 7, 2022 at 17:13 Quote
mior wrote:
http://blackmarketbikes.com/
just found out the black market site is still up

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's been up this whole time. It must be on a server that hosts other websites.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025037
Mobile Version of Website