Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 4:13 Quote
Steadysteeze wrote:
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:
Steadysteeze wrote:

Thanks for reply i have an ns majesty 2019 its bmx spacing if im not mistaken and my fork is 15mm 100mm
alright so your rear hub spacing is going to be 135x10 which is the standard for most dj oriented hubs. The ns fundemental wheelset has a 135x10 spacing real wheel and a 20x110 spacing front wheel which means you're going to need to buy the hub adapters for 15x100 separatedly (doesn't cost much, around 15-20 euros). I can't seem to find the adapters for sale though, I can only find 15x110 adapters which is boost,idk if any of the more experienced guys over here would like to help you with that like what should you do. On the other hand the Dartmoor 26 shield wheelset has 10x135 rear hub spacing and 20x110 front hub spacing BUT they include the 15x100 adapters so you should be fine. Costs 50 euros more than the ns (on the 26bikes site) but in my opinion it is well worth it.

how long have you been running the dartmoor shields? and how have they held up
I am not personally running the dartmoor shields, I know that pros sponsored by dartmoor do and many riders i know also have them and they have held up really well, they are the best bang for your buck in my opinion. Personally I run my stock wheels on my specialized P3 with an upgraded rear hub since the stock one had a bearing sleeve or something like that broken and I needed a new one. I got the hope pro 4 ss hub which is a great hub but way too expensive for a budget one. Like now it costs around 250 euros if you can find one that is plus a rear cog with spacers and a lockring, which sums up to around 270-300 euros. Don't get me wrong,hope pro 4 hubs are great but not really budget,plus for the cost of a rear plus a front hub you get the whole dartmoor shield wheelset. If i had done more research I would've gone with the cheaper dartmoor hub since the stock specialized rims aren't that heavy anyway plus my skills definitely don't push the hope hub to it's limits. So yeah to sum up, it's a great deal 350 euros for a great wheelset and if I were you I'd go for it

Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 4:15 Quote
Maybe watch reviews on the dartnoor 26 shield wheelset to get a second opinion, not a bad idea at all

Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 4:59 Quote
Anymore, for street mobbing and blasting stairs and shit,I have to ride my slope bike to keep everything from aching days later.

Mod
Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 8:25 Quote
the faster you go the smoother it is!
broke my dj so getting slope bike hopefully soon

Posted: Dec 11, 2022 at 9:45 Quote
Draggon wrote:
noah88 wrote:
crs-one wrote:

I had Streetsweepers for years and loved them. They nearly all cracked in the same place (cs-bb weld), but the crack wouldn't really expand with time. When I cracked my last one and they didn't have any more, I eventually got my friend to weld it, and zero problems since.

One thing to consider with the choices you've laid out is crank spec. Mid and Spanish BBs are difficult (not impossible) to run mtb cranks on.

Few other contenders: the current gen atomlab trailking has the best street geo of any production frame I've tried, but me and my best friend destroyed ours in weeks. Horrible tubing, despite being heavy as f*ck. Avoid imo. Marino will make whatever you want, and it'll be dirt cheap at reasonable quality. I basically had them replicate my atomlab geo, way longer reach, and brought over some frame features from other road/bmx/DJ bikes I liked. Few dents but no cracks. Minor brake mount issue that I was able to sort out. Next up, got Intent bikes (https://instagram.com/intent_bikes?igshid=N2ZiY2E3YmU=) making my next one. We'll see how that turns out, he's got some impressive stuff on his page.

If you go custom, I highly recommend the long reach/short cs approach. I ended up at 360 cs, and 455 reach. Wheelbase ends up being normal, but the geo works so well for generating pop and it's just plain more comfortable at 6'+. It's kinda like trials geo.
thanks for the information! Marino looks pretty cool, not a bad price either. Definitely going to look into them.

What are your guys thoughts on the ns suburban? Seems like the only frame with geometry I like that's tapered and has a threaded bb.

I have a (I think it's a 2018?) NS Suburban and I would give it a 7/10 as far as rating it for performance as a dirt jumper. It just doesn't have the best pop and it could use a little more in the stability category as well. In comparison, I would give the Dartmoor Two6Player a 9/10, the Morpheus Vimana a 9.5/10 and the NS Majesty a 10/10.
all preference I think, I dislike pure bread dj frames and would much rather ride a twitchy bike setup

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 13:24 Quote
The new run of dj bikes are more oriented to the casual pumptrack rider than a skate park or dj oriented rider(big bmx). 10 years ago the largest frame you could get was only 425 ish reach but now they are more in line with trail bikes, slack head angles were reserved for more 4x racing frames etc...
But it is a preference and what type of experience you want.

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 13:32 Quote
allsk8sno wrote:
The new run of dj bikes are more oriented to the casual pumptrack rider than a skate park or dj oriented rider(big bmx). 10 years ago the largest frame you could get was only 425 ish reach but now they are more in line with trail bikes, slack head angles were reserved for more 4x racing frames etc...
But it is a preference and what type of experience you want.

Nailed it.

Posted: Dec 12, 2022 at 15:24 Quote
I never really realized that but it makes sense

O+
Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 0:21 Quote
photo

The final form of my Trid ZZ.

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 7:44 Quote
secondtimeuser wrote:
photo

The final form of my Trid ZZ.
dang she looks good!

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 8:10 Quote
You won’t be disappointed, loved mine!
photo

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 8:46 Quote
Looks good. I like the tridz vs ticket

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 9:00 Quote
allsk8sno wrote:
Looks good. I like the tridz vs ticket

Can’t beat it for the money. Best value for any complete out there……imho.

Posted: Dec 13, 2022 at 11:17 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
You won’t be disappointed, loved mine!
photo

what sprockets are in the back (name and also teeth lowest to highest + front chainring if possible).

I really like the looks of single speed but really can't beat the versatility of a couple gears more....since the perfect gear ratio doesn't exist.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032095
Mobile Version of Website