Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 9:53 Quote
I'm scared to touch the Aliexpress cranks (I swear by the old style SLX if I'm wanting cheap cranks) but in all fairness they're becoming increasingly common amongst BMX racers over here and haven't heard of any failures so they can't be too bad.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 9:58 Quote
Have seen vastly too many crank failures to stand behind that. Calf plus sheered spindle equals bad day.

Mod
Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 10:16 Quote
jespinal wrote:
mior wrote:
14pslope wrote:
I wouldn't have confidence in the strength of those components
pdx pedals are good, and a lot of people who upgrade budget bikes use ixf cranks
the cranks that you can buy for 8 euros in aliexpress?

Bruv a deore crankset costs 50 euro
shimano prices are crazy here. a deore crank is about double that.

Mod
Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 10:17 Quote
Parks-Whalen wrote:
I just got a really old bomber dj1 for an older dj build I’m doing. It clicks and rattles. Anyone else love old marzzoci products lmao
me. its just built so well. i got 2 marzocchi vintage forks but they were free. my entire vintage fork collection of 5 forks cost me $50

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 10:26 Quote
mior wrote:
jespinal wrote:
mior wrote:

pdx pedals are good, and a lot of people who upgrade budget bikes use ixf cranks
the cranks that you can buy for 8 euros in aliexpress?

Bruv a deore crankset costs 50 euro
shimano prices are crazy here. a deore crank is about double that.
M5100 deore cranks are $71 on the REI website. A quick google shows them as low as $52.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 11:15 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
(redacted upon Zenki's request)

Thumbs Down

Please don't.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 13:25 Quote
"Don't be racist" seems like such an easy thing to agree on. Shame.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 13:56 Quote
Damn, really? Is that a racist term? I had no idea, honestly, meant no offense to anyone at all whatsoever. I just thought that was universal for "no r&d, no product support, large catalog parts manufacturer overseas with no warranty". It's a frequently used term for ebay branded car parts, which is where I have seen it used. Genuinely meant nothing more by it at all, and I am sorry for saying it.

My apologies, I'll certainly remove it from my personal dictionary moving forward. Had no intention of offending anyone.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 15:23 Quote
Cheers Zenki, excellent response Beer

Mod
Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 16:13 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Damn, really? Is that a racist term? I had no idea, honestly, meant no offense to anyone at all whatsoever. I just thought that was universal for "no r&d, no product support, large catalog parts manufacturer overseas with no warranty". It's a frequently used term for ebay branded car parts, which is where I have seen it used. Genuinely meant nothing more by it at all, and I am sorry for saying it.

My apologies, I'll certainly remove it from my personal dictionary moving forward. Had no intention of offending anyone.
good response.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 16:57 Quote
Cheers guys. I'm honestly embarrassed. Hope no one read that and was hurt by it.

I guess I can't run for office ever now, with that quote engrained in the internet forever. *facepalm

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 17:56 Quote
Don't sweat it, bud. How you responded showed your true character.

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 18:39 Quote
Damn didn't expect these responses, should have posted it up filled with Race Face bars/stem/crankset, Crank Bros pedals and a pair of Deore brakes it had before lol...

"Chinese/Indonesian Manufacturers" have been producing Shimano, Sram, and plenty other name brand products for years - comes down to QC.

Also, this is a 15 year old anodized aluminum frame with a 35 yr old owner. Not going hard anytime soon...guaranteed.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 19:16 Quote
barp wrote:
Don't sweat it, bud. How you responded showed your true character.

You mind removing my quote from your post above? I honestly don't want that kind of shit to follow me, I want nothing to do with appearing that way.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038020
Mobile Version of Website