Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 18:39 Quote
Damn didn't expect these responses, should have posted it up filled with Race Face bars/stem/crankset, Crank Bros pedals and a pair of Deore brakes it had before lol...

"Chinese/Indonesian Manufacturers" have been producing Shimano, Sram, and plenty other name brand products for years - comes down to QC.

Also, this is a 15 year old anodized aluminum frame with a 35 yr old owner. Not going hard anytime soon...guaranteed.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 19:16 Quote
barp wrote:
Don't sweat it, bud. How you responded showed your true character.

You mind removing my quote from your post above? I honestly don't want that kind of shit to follow me, I want nothing to do with appearing that way.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 19:18 Quote
cobra427 wrote:
Damn didn't expect these responses, should have posted it up filled with Race Face bars/stem/crankset, Crank Bros pedals and a pair of Deore brakes it had before lol...

"Chinese/Indonesian Manufacturers" have been producing Shimano, Sram, and plenty other name brand products for years - comes down to QC.

Also, this is a 15 year old anodized aluminum frame with a 35 yr old owner. Not going hard anytime soon...guaranteed.

Totally, 90% of reputable manufacturers use overseas manufacturing, as a guy who's done brand creation and product development (Outbound Lighting), you have to. And the QC, materials selection, and engineering into the product is what separates them from other "aliexpress" brands or ebay products.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 19:28 Quote
cobra427 wrote:

Makes sense to me. I run questionable light stuff where I know I can get away with it. Seems like some thought went into what you can get away with, so it'll probably work out.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 19:46 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
barp wrote:

You mind removing my quote from your post above? I honestly don't want that kind of shit to follow me, I want nothing to do with appearing that way.

Done.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 19:49 Quote
barp wrote:
ZenkiS14 wrote:
barp wrote:

Done.

Thank you.

Posted: Dec 30, 2022 at 4:24 Quote
I have a set of those IXF cranks. Been using them for about 4 or 5 years now. Fitted to a 130mm Steel HT which goes down some DH lines, jump park and trail riding. Even used it a few times on road. Only one issue and a recommend upgrade is to replace the plastic crank cap with a metal one.

Posted: Dec 30, 2022 at 4:28 Quote
Just curious, has anyone actually seen these “super budget” cranks, bars etc break? I haven’t.
I’ve broken a set of deore cranks, tho. And watched a set of high end carbon crank explode in super slow-mo

Posted: Dec 30, 2022 at 6:30 Quote
ZenkiS14 wrote:
Cheers guys. I'm honestly embarrassed. Hope no one read that and was hurt by it.

I guess I can't run for office ever now, with that quote engrained in the internet forever. *facepalm

You're dope af my man.

Posted: Dec 30, 2022 at 6:32 Quote
Freddye wrote:
Just curious, has anyone actually seen these “super budget” cranks, bars etc break? I haven’t.
I’ve broken a set of deore cranks, tho. And watched a set of high end carbon crank explode in super slow-mo

Yep!

Shop has been doing a lot of China direct bikes over the last two/three years. We tend to get a kinda mixed bag of "two piece alloy cranks" from various brands.

Between tolerance and poor metal quality, have seen a loooooot of failures on this and similar models of cranks. Keep em tight and they'll be a lot better, but I wouldnt trust them with much more than commuting.

Cranks are just too much of a serious failure point to mess with it for me. SX dub cranks are cheap enough.

Posted: Dec 30, 2022 at 7:10 Quote
cobra427 wrote:

does your body have an anodized aluminum frame too? what color is it?

O+
Posted: Dec 30, 2022 at 8:01 Quote
mior wrote:
does your body have an anodized aluminum frame too? what color is it?

Lol this body is as white as skim milk white. Mentioned the anodized aluminum frame to point out THAT is the real questionable/breakable component in this build.

Posted: Dec 30, 2022 at 11:06 Quote
any ns district owners recommend them to a shorter rider . thanks

Posted: Dec 30, 2022 at 12:27 Quote
I have a new slopeduro build starting soon. Picked up a Status 140 frame in S3 size on EP, since Specialized temporarily increased the number of bikes/frames we can buy per year to 5.

Will be running my 140mm Pike with Smashpot up front, and will probably lace some DT Swiss M502 rims to a set of E.13 hubs I have. I'll probably grab the drivetrain from the DMR, so I'll have GX DH 1x7 gearing with a 28t ring up front. If that ends up being awful then I have a spare 3T 9-32 cassette kicking around that I might try as well. Also debating between a rigid post and a dropper with the Aenomaly Switchgrade.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020180
Mobile Version of Website