Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dirt Jump Bikes. any bike welcome as long as its dj or street
Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 9:56 Quote
I run 31.8mm Enve M9 50mm rise bars on my slopeduro bike. I've run them a few times now, on MTBs and dirt jumpers. Great bar for the money. For alloy I would probably go with a 35mm clamp though. I do run a 35mm bar and stem on my MTB now, but that's more of a convenience since I got such a good deal on the handlebar.

Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 10:29 Quote
I've only ever run 31.8 on all bikes and will continue to do so

Posted: Jan 21, 2023 at 18:05 Quote
WillByers wrote:
Hi,

Which best clamp diameter Handlebars / Stems? 35mm or 31.8mm? Your opinion?
In theory, 35mm is stronger, still depends more on bar than diameter. 31.8 offers shorter options, industry nine has 30mm length 31.8mm stem, 1 of the shortest I know. 35mm stems are usually 35mm, some are 32mm, for example race face turbine R.
35mm is becoming more and more popular, so for longetivity 35mm should be better option because of more options on market.

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 5:40 Quote
sherbet wrote:
The dob and p-slope will still put a pretty great deal of stress on a shock, given the only other brace is the BB pivot itself. As the shock runs from the tt to the ss with no brace, it might as well be the tt/st/ss junction, just missing the st brace.

Designs like the Soda seem more sensible in that regard.

The thing is though those p slopes just have an awesome feeling to them, I agree that the soda slope is a tougher frame but it just doesn’t ride the same

I have both those bikes just for reference
Edit: p slope and soda slope

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 8:24 Quote
WillByers wrote:
Hi,

ive ran both 31.8 and 35 on both dj and mtb. on a big bike id go with 35 but on a dj/slopebike 31.8 is just fine. its a very small differance between the two. so id just go with whatever you can get. it dosent matter to much.

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 14:45 Quote
Does shimano slx crankset sound good for a dirtjumper? If not, then what other budget crankset would you suggest?

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 14:52 Quote
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:
Does shimano slx crankset sound good for a dirtjumper? If not, then what other budget crankset would you suggest?

Perfectly fine. Or truvativ descendant, or race face aeffect, for example.

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 15:25 Quote
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:

They've been good for me so far. I've had current gen slx and xt. Really light with an aftermarket chainring, tight q factor, clean looks. Few things to bear in mind: check your pinch bolts after the first or second ride. Unlike most other direct mount systems out there, there aren't really any chainring options below 28 tooth, so plan ratios accordingly. Also, even the 7100 version has a boost chainline, and since they build the offset into the crank, there's nothing you can do about that.

Posted: Jan 22, 2023 at 15:58 Quote
crs-one wrote:
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:

They've been good for me so far. I've had current gen slx and xt. Really light with an aftermarket chainring, tight q factor, clean looks. Few things to bear in mind: check your pinch bolts after the first or second ride. Unlike most other direct mount systems out there, there aren't really any chainring options below 28 tooth, so plan ratios accordingly. Also, even the 7100 version has a boost chainline, and since they build the offset into the crank, there's nothing you can do about that.
Sounds good man. They just seem way too good to be true... I mean they don't break the bank, they don't break the back (as in not heavy lol) and they are reliable as far as I can tell, can't really find any negative reviews so I needed pinkbike people;s opinion as well

Posted: Jan 23, 2023 at 1:28 Quote
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:

Been running a set for 9 years now and have had 2 other sets on a couple of other bikes over the years as well as on my race bmx. Definitely recommend!

Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 3:28 Quote
In case somebody here is looking for a new hub, 26bikes has the dartmoor reel pro singlespeed v2 for just 120 euros (only the black 13t driver though)

Posted: Jan 26, 2023 at 1:35 Quote
crs-one wrote:
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:

they only have a boost chainline if you order the ones with a boost chainline.

they come in 3 versions/chainlines.52mm 55mm & 56.5mm

for a jump bike ideally you want the 52mm.

Posted: Jan 26, 2023 at 5:12 Quote
stoobot wrote:
crs-one wrote:
IndianaJonesWhip wrote:

they only have a boost chainline if you order the ones with a boost chainline.

they come in 3 versions/chainlines.52mm 55mm & 56.5mm

for a jump bike ideally you want the 52mm.

52mm is a boost chainline though. The 55mm thing is a relatively recent development. I just googled "Boost chainline" to doublecheck, and saw results from wolftooth, oneup, SRAM, e13, nsb, a few online stores, and a few media sites all giving 49mm as the nonboost chainline, 52mm as boost.

Not the end of the world, still my crank of choice at the moment, but most definitely boost or superboost chainlines only.

Posted: Jan 26, 2023 at 10:16 Quote
WillByers wrote:
Hi,

I ride pretty hard with a lot of abuse, i ride dirt or skatepark almost every day, ive only used 35mm when trying others bikes but i know that the 31.8s i use do great, just buy high quality components and you'll be fine

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019785
Mobile Version of Website