Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sexiest Old-School DH Bike Out There
Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 8:38 Quote
brassinne wrote:
Look at all those old Marzocchi forks with buttery smooth action. Too bad suspension these days isn't as buttery smooth as these.

They had Ze Open Bath Damper for ze buttery smooth feelz... now that we have more going on in our forks thee days I think it tends to take away from the 'smooth'.
My Boxxer Team had five modes of adjustment and the '03 monster has 2. The monster is waaaay better feeling Smile

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 8:39 Quote
It is definitely more plush but the complete lack of mid body support leaves a lot to be desired.

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 8:46 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
It is definitely more plush but the complete lack of mid body support leaves a lot to be desired.

As in the middle of the travel? oh wait, we are talking about Shivers here...

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 8:52 Quote
brassinne wrote:
Look at all those old Marzocchi forks with buttery smooth action. Too bad suspension these days isn't as buttery smooth as these.
My formula Nero R works more sensible than those students from UC Berkley, if I set it up that way.
No, seriously, that fork redefined what is a Buttery smooth air fork. Also, my Kowa 200 GF was smoother than anything else I ever tried.
BOS Idylle Pro makes it also at the top of my ranking.
Front ends as part of the build kits I m going to use with the different designs waiting on the design board to get materialized this year.
Front ends as part of the build kits I m going to use with the different designs waiting on the design board to get materialized this year. Here With a Matching colour pattern Bar stem and brake

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 10:46 Quote
They where buttery smooth and the offered great performance for the time.

But we where riding much slower back then. I bet the damping on those old forks wouldn't feel all that great at speed and with the open bath damper foaming of the oil was an issue after longer runs even back then.

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 2:08 Quote
annimaxdh wrote:
Front ends as part of the build kits I m going to use with the different designs waiting on the design board to get materialized this year.

I know it's not the main subject of the discussion but ... how do these wheels stand and still? Razz

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 2:34 Quote
blacktea wrote:
annimaxdh wrote:

I know it's not the main subject of the discussion but ... how do these wheels stand and still? Razz
With Super Monster is just balance. With the other forks, I locked the wheels using the brakes with zipties

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 2:40 Quote
annimaxdh wrote:
With Super Monster is just balance. With the other forks, I locked the wheels using the brakes with zipties

Thank you Big Grin

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 8:52 Quote
Old girl had its first dh ride after the rebuild.

1998 Sintesi Bazooka 1rst proper ride in 15 years...

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 13:26 Quote

Here's my 2007 Demo 7 II. It has a 2008 Boxxer World Cup (I think, is there any way to tell for sure?). I love this thing. I put a set of 40mm rise Spank Spoon bars, an off-brand Snail chainring, and a set of MTX-33's.

This thing has been my daily driver for a year and I plan to keep it for the next few. Still sends and all for $925.24.

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 1:02 Quote
carreiro-12 wrote:
Old girl had its first dh ride after the rebuild.

1998 Sintesi Bazooka 1rst proper ride in 15 years...

How did it go?

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 2:34 Quote
blacktea wrote:

How did it go?

Not as bad as i tought it would mate.
Bike hold up very well, no even a loose screw.
I defenetly need stiffer springs for the Monster, and to relearn how to ride a 98 DH geometry hshshsh.
There where spots that i tryed to ride like i did with my enduro bike (transition patrol) and found out really fast that i cant Wink

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 3:35 Quote
All right, for those with Sintesi Bazooka obsession, I will make a few posts about them.
Let's begin with the oldest one, my Bazooka I from 1999, the last one from the first generation.
I built it with most of the original Sintesi Team component layout.
Sintesi Bazooka I 1999 built with almost complete Team Sintesi original components layout
Sintesi Bazooka I 1999 built with almost complete Team Sintesi original components layout
I even managed to get the original STM Chainguide as a donation from Corrado Herin (RIP Cry )
Sintesi Bazooka I 1999 built with almost complete Team Sintesi original components layout. Chainguide Chain tensioner donated by Corrado Herin
With Corrado Herin ar his home in the Italian alps and the battlehorse he rode to get the title in 1997

Posted: Sep 21, 2021 at 4:05 Quote
Now it's Time for Bazooka 3, also built with most of the original Sintesi team components layout.
Sintesi Bazooka III 2001 Work in progress Every day getting closer to be fully restored Built with most of the original Sintesi team components layout.
This one is not ready yet, I still need to do the original paint job, and the original graphics, also donated by my friend Corrado Herin, are waiting for that time.
Just managed to get the NOS last kit available of the Sintesi Bazooka III graphics Once again GRAZIE CORRADO HERIN
It was a wonderful thing to have the support from Formula Headquarters in Italia, to get the original brake, with the "red team" plastic covers set used by the team Sintesi. Also, I found the original Race Face Turbine LP DH crankset, the original FIZIK Atlas DH in matching colors, and the original grips also in matching color to the crankset and saddle.
Sintesi Bazooka III 2001 and Sintesi Bazooka I 1999
Sintesi Bazooka III 2001 Work in progress Every day getting closer to be fully restored Formula Evoluzione 9.5 brakes with the team issue red pump covers Original Sintesi grips
Sintesi Bazooka III 2001 Work in progress Every day getting closer to be fully restored Built with most of the original Sintesi team components layout.
Sintesi Bazooka III 2001 Work in progress Every day getting closer to be fully restored STM Chainguide donated by Corrado Herin Original components layout Race Face Turbike LP DH crankset
Sintesi Bazooka III 2001 Work in progress Every day getting closer to be fully restored Built with most of the original Sintesi team components layout. FIZIK Atlas DH Saddle
Formula Evoluzione 9.5 Perfect match of the frame brake mount the adapter the caliper and the 185 mm rotor. Clearly there was a collaboration between both design departments of Sintesi and Formula.

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014837
Mobile Version of Website