how do u fix a chain that keeps skippen in the gears so that u cant put weight on it when pedelin?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
how do u fix a chain that keeps skippen in the gears so that u cant put weight on it when pedelin?
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 at 21:28 Quote
just so you know a good (really good) shimano (sp?) derailleur (xt and xt shadow) are selling for $125 Canadian! cheap performance right there.

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 11:39 Quote
I just bought a new derailleur sram x7(used to have an x5) and a new nine speed chain and im having the same problem. It only skips in 2 in the front and 9 in the rear

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 13:01 Quote
beafstew wrote:
I just bought a new derailleur sram x7(used to have an x5) and a new nine speed chain and im having the same problem. It only skips in 2 in the front and 9 in the rear

Maybe your cogs are worn...check your teeth for un-even wear or just too much wear..

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 14:26 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
beafstew wrote:

Maybe your cogs are worn...check your teeth for un-even wear or just too much wear..

its only been riden for about 2 months

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 14:42 Quote
new chain + new cassette often means bad news. alot of people replace them at the same time otherwise your new gear will wear out much faster

Posted: Nov 7, 2009 at 12:36 Quote
your gear cluster is worn out,thats why it's skipping.Switchit out and you will be a happy man.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014634
Mobile Version of Website