AM bike: Cannondale Rize vs Giant Reign

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
AM bike: Cannondale Rize vs Giant Reign
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 0:51 Quote
c-rod wrote:
Stally wrote:
Ive just bought a 2nd hand Reign with 140mm Pikes, I love it as a AM bike. its got the pro pedal on the shock and I can flick the leaver whilst riding. (I've got skinny hands tho)

Ive only had 4-5 rides on it so far and I'm loving it!

It goes without saying that it wont climb like a hard tail but I wouldn't change it for anything.

I defiantly recommend the Reign.

what year model did you get and do you know what the weight is? Did you have have you ridden the Trance X? if so what were the differences in them.

I'm not too sure of the year, it has the old style frame set up with the shock going through the down tube (see my pics) for a trail/AM/light DH bike it is light, it feels lighter than my mates 29.5lbs intense
Originally my bike was built from a frame only.

I haven't ridden the trance sorry, so I cant comment

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 13:18 Quote
how did you like the moto?

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 16:11 Quote
almightybenners wrote:
just a heads up on the rize, someone i ride with has one and has gone through 3 frame in the last year with failures on the shock mounts

Was it just XC riding that caused this?

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 22:47 Quote
Stally wrote:
c-rod wrote:
Stally wrote:
Ive just bought a 2nd hand Reign with 140mm Pikes, I love it as a AM bike. its got the pro pedal on the shock and I can flick the leaver whilst riding. (I've got skinny hands tho)

Ive only had 4-5 rides on it so far and I'm loving it!

It goes without saying that it wont climb like a hard tail but I wouldn't change it for anything.

I defiantly recommend the Reign.

what year model did you get and do you know what the weight is? Did you have have you ridden the Trance X? if so what were the differences in them.

I'm not too sure of the year, it has the old style frame set up with the shock going through the down tube (see my pics) for a trail/AM/light DH bike it is light, it feels lighter than my mates 29.5lbs intense

how tall are you? and what size did you get?

Posted: Jan 6, 2010 at 22:49 Quote
starcbiker wrote:
how did you like the moto?

Still haven't been able to get to the shop. We have had killer weather so I had to work mandatory overtime due to it. Hope to go either tomorrow or Sunday.

FL
Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 1:02 Quote
c-rod wrote:
Stally wrote:
c-rod wrote:

I'm 6ft, its a small 16" Ive got a long Thompson seat tube, so there is enough leg stroke.
I could do with a more laid back seat post because I find that my feet want to sit too far forward on the pedals when pedaling.

For AM and XC I would suggest going for a 18" if your about the same size as me.

I've been on the Giant archive and I've got a 2007 Reign O

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 9:04 Quote
Stally wrote:
c-rod wrote:
Stally wrote:

I'm 6ft, its a small 16" Ive got a long Thompson seat tube, so there is enough leg stroke.
I could do with a more laid back seat post because I find that my feet want to sit too far forward on the pedals when pedaling.

For AM and XC I would suggest going for a 18" if your about the same size as me.

I've been on the Giant archive and I've got a 2007 Reign O

I am 5'8", the M Trance X felt good in size. But I am not too sure if the change of head tube angle and seat post angle change the feel of the tope tube length. I did talk to the Giant dealer on the phone yesterday and he is going to try and order a Reign. He said even if I do not buy it at least he will have a display model, that I am about the 3rd person now to ask about them.

Posted: Jan 7, 2010 at 13:17 Quote
just got the rize out for some actual trails as the snow has melted enough to make them passable again. Amazing!! with propedal on it climbed great, I turned it off and blasted through rocks no problem. the rear suspension is very plush. I also had to ride on about 2 miles of road to get to the trails, with lock out on the front the road sections were not too bad. Once again i suggest this bike! dunno about the frame issue stated before but i didn't notice any flex and when doing the "flick" test i got a thud, pretty stout tubes while still being quite light.

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 21:07 Quote
Well I never was able to get a ride on the Moto or a Reign. I found a Bullit for a very good deal and ended up getting that. Thanks for everyones input.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015368
Mobile Version of Website