Which bike for Whistler

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Which bike for Whistler
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 6:26 Quote
I'm gonna be shipping up to Whistler this summer, and, although it's a bit early to worry about this, I was wondering which bike I should take. I have a cove g-spot (6", SC setup) and a cannondale judge (8" DC). If I can only take one (which is probably going to be the case), which should I go with?

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 6:37 Quote
WHy dont you just ride the one you want to ride, why do you care what other people say you should ride.

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 6:42 Quote
eh true...can't make up my mind tho. just thought i'd get a second opinion.

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 6:47 Quote
same for me chose what you want to coose but i would go with the g-spot

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 6:54 Quote
bikerider1 wrote:
same for me chose what you want to coose but i would go with the g-spot

^^
i'd second the g-spot

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 7:02 Quote
I third the Motion. Go for the G-Spot. More versatile for everything up there!

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 12:28 Quote
WHats going to interfear with you bringing both bikes?

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 12:34 Quote
the shorter travel bike will be more versatile so trails like the a-line will be easier, but the downside is the dh trails wont be so comfy, it depends on what you are looking at doing, if it is mostly dh then take the big bike, if it is mostly freeride trails and the boneyard you are going to be hitting up then take the short travel bike.

Personally though i'd take the short travel bike.Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 12:57 Quote
Cove4Life wrote:
I'm gonna be shipping up to Whistler this summer, and, although it's a bit early to worry about this, I was wondering which bike I should take. I have a cove g-spot (6", SC setup) and a cannondale judge (8" DC). If I can only take one (which is probably going to be the case), which should I go with?

When you say "Whistler" do you mean exclusively the bike park or do you plan on riding some of the other great trails in the area (most of which will involve a lot of up as well as down)?

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 13:15 Quote
Go ride your favourite trail for 30 minutes on each bike. after each ride, get a tape measure, look in the mirror and measure how wide your smile is.

If that doesn't work, do what Dr. Phil suggests. He is a wise, bald man so you need to take his advice. Try "wearing" your decision for a week. Live as if you decided which one to take. Did you cry at night? Did you feel empty inside? Or did you walk around with a grin on your face?

These decisions aren't obvious sometimes - I took my freeride bike on a mostly xc road trip this summer - I only had room for one bike for myself because wifey's bike used the other spot on the bike rack. After riding Downieville, California I knew why I spent the previous 2 weeks riding 42 lbs up and down XC trails - 2 awesome days was worth it!

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 14:58 Quote
nanda wrote:
Cove4Life wrote:

When you say "Whistler" do you mean exclusively the bike park or do you plan on riding some of the other great trails in the area (most of which will involve a lot of up as well as down)?

Good question...I've never been so i don't really know much about it, but from the look of all the film segments and what not, i'm mostly stoked to ride stuff like dirt merchant, a.line, b.line, freight train, etc. so i guess the bike park?

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 14:59 Quote
grampa wrote:
Go ride your favourite trail for 30 minutes on each bike. after each ride, get a tape measure, look in the mirror and measure how wide your smile is.

If that doesn't work, do what Dr. Phil suggests. He is a wise, bald man so you need to take his advice. Try "wearing" your decision for a week. Live as if you decided which one to take. Did you cry at night? Did you feel empty inside? Or did you walk around with a grin on your face?

These decisions aren't obvious sometimes - I took my freeride bike on a mostly xc road trip this summer - I only had room for one bike for myself because wifey's bike used the other spot on the bike rack. After riding Downieville, California I knew why I spent the previous 2 weeks riding 42 lbs up and down XC trails - 2 awesome days was worth it!

lol sounds good, man.

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 15:12 Quote
Cannondale even though I my self own a g spot, which I could sell to you once your up there

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 15:29 Quote
Cove4Life wrote:
nanda wrote:
Cove4Life wrote:

Good question...I've never been so i don't really know much about it, but from the look of all the film segments and what not, i'm mostly stoked to ride stuff like dirt merchant, a.line, b.line, freight train, etc. so i guess the bike park?

All those trails are at the bike park, but Whistler has a lot more to offer - there are many other great trails in the area worth checking out that you will actually have to pedal on! Worth checking out: River Runs Through It, Comfortably Numb, Train Wreck, Thrill Me Kill Me, Gargamel, among others...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012813
Mobile Version of Website