How to RAW by hand

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
How to RAW by hand
Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 6:23 Quote
harobmx666 wrote:
i don't know i got it done big time fast, and thats why i said sandblaster..
over and hour and you got fork bars and most of a frame done

this is the first time you mentioned sandblasting lol. but ya sandblasting works to but like the other guy said, noone really has a sandblaster hangin around

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 12:42 Quote
i mentioned it back on the second page
and usually school shop classes have them, and pretty much every auto shop
and they're usually kind and let you use them

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 14:57 Quote
harobmx666 wrote:
i mentioned it back on the second page
and usually school shop classes have them, and pretty much every auto shop
and they're usually kind and let you use them
i wish our school shop had one

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 15:51 Quote
yeah there was one in my welding class is was awesome
blasted some of my crap and friends shit for them

Posted: Jan 9, 2010 at 15:58 Quote
Why does it matter whether you use paint stripper or sandpaper?
The result is basically the same. If you're going to let the stripper sit on the part for 3 hours, good for you. Someone else might want to sand it down, good for them. No one cares which is better, as long as it gets the job done.

Sure, one may be most time effective, but if you're doing a sprocket buying a whole can of stripper isn't very cost effective.

Posted: Jan 10, 2010 at 2:32 Quote
marsbars wrote:
The result is basically the same. If you're going to let the stripper sit on the part for 3 hours, good for you. Someone else might want to sand it down, good for them. No one cares which is better, as long as it gets the job done.

Sure, one may be most time effective, but if you're doing a sprocket buying a whole can of stripper isn't very cost effective.
+1

Posted: Jan 10, 2010 at 6:29 Quote
marsbars wrote:

i dont really care what people do but like i said, sandpaper scratches the hell out of it in the end, with paint stripper you can get a nice raw look without scratch marks. also for the last time it takes WAY longer. 15 minutes to 3 hours lol. believe me i know what im talking about, iv tried it all. an btw i paid like 8 bucks for a big can of stripper which you can use over and over again. i used about half of it on my frame

Posted: Jan 10, 2010 at 9:21 Quote
Thats amazing. You like to look of the raw with no scratch marks. Personally, I hate it. I'd rather do it by hand, turns out better in my opinion.

Posted: Jan 10, 2010 at 10:48 Quote
marsbars wrote:
Thats amazing. You like to look of the raw with no scratch marks. Personally, I hate it. I'd rather do it by hand, turns out better in my opinion.

lol ok thats you, but still leaves the fact that sanding gives you no choice on scratches or not and it takes forever

Posted: Jan 10, 2010 at 10:56 Quote
How so?
Start with a heavier grit sandpaper, to pretty much take the paint off. and then switch over to a finer grit. That way, you're not scratching the frame itself, but the powder coat.

Doesn't take forever if you know what you're doing. If you just pick up a piece of sandpaper and start, then yes. It's going to take forever.

Posted: Jan 10, 2010 at 10:59 Quote
be-em-ex wrote:
im not even gunna argue with you cus u atually beleive what your saying an this is a waste of time
No point in arguing something when it's an opinion, eh?

Nice use of grammar and spelling by the way.

Posted: Jan 10, 2010 at 12:24 Quote
be-em-ex wrote:
marsbars wrote:
How so?
Start with a heavier grit sandpaper, to pretty much take the paint off. and then switch over to a finer grit. That way, you're not scratching the frame itself, but the powder coat.

Doesn't take forever if you know what you're doing. If you just pick up a piece of sandpaper and start, then yes. It's going to take forever.

im not even gunna argue with you cus u atually beleive what your saying an this is a waste of time
and i agree with marsbars because its completely true

Posted: Jan 10, 2010 at 12:59 Quote
ok i get both points! i just want to findd loads of notifications.. and none of this matters noww because i now have my new stem! LOL and my cranks are on the wayy....

Posted: Jan 10, 2010 at 13:19 Quote
towers08 wrote:
be-em-ex wrote:
marsbars wrote:
How so?

and i agree with marsbars because its completely true

umm so you would rather sand then use paint stripper? rediculous

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.511949
Mobile Version of Website