Trick Tips: A guide.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Trick Tips: A guide.
Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 12:50 Quote
do you land straight on your face or on the front wheel and then to your face? If you land on your front wheel you are ready to take it to dirt/resi, if you go straight to your face i don't know how to help you

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 12:56 Quote
Front wheel first. But I would like to learn on a flyout before dirt first though as I'm a bit of a pussy haha

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 13:03 Quote
If it's not way out if control front heavy you should be fine, i have a similar problem doing them in foam pits, but on jumps they get around nicely... Either way, you won't get too hurt trying them on a flyout Big Grin

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 13:27 Quote
Looks like I just need to man up and do it haha. Cheers man. I'll report any injuries tomorrow. If I don't reply then I died trying Wink

Posted: Mar 2, 2016 at 14:16 Quote
Haha thats the spirit!

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 1:11 Quote
I find when you know not to dip instinctively you don't dip as much as when you know you're going to tranny or into foam. I've dabbled around 360s on a resi and fly out, can do them out of banks and 270s on hips every go and sometimes on flat, basically when you know you need to dip you will, if you know you're landing to flat you sort of don't dip as much.

Hard to explain but my alley oops on hips and 3s on resi were always dipped, but whenever I do them out of a bank or when I tried them fly out I always ended up spinning with the back wheel down a bit naturally. I reckon you've got them.

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 14:58 Quote
Well I was definitely better, but still all over the place. Plus I tried them on the resi but I was pretty tired by that point and kept chickening out and bailing or just 180ing. Plus the damage report is not good, my legs are destroyed from hitting the bike so many times whilst landing, and I snapped my brake lever with my face. Looks like I need to build myself a stepup covered in mattresses and just keep on at it ~(and grow some bigger balls haha)

Posted: Mar 3, 2016 at 15:36 Quote
I am new to jumps and doing them on an trail bike but would like to style them a bit. I would love to be good at tables but as I use clips (no hate plz) I am worried my feet will come out. Has anyone solved this or should i just man up?

Posted: Mar 10, 2016 at 2:38 Quote
Gr8day4ridin wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm having trouble with tail whips. I know I can get the rotation around just fine but I am having problems with the initial kick. I end up doing an accidental super man thing and looping out. Any tips? I have been trying on all different kinds of jumps and cant seem to get it.

Bumping this, make sure to push your arms down and let your feet float off the pedals, then kick the rear triangle. The waiting until you level out helps a ton

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 7:53 Quote
just nailed one footers today with huge extension on tiny jumps, should i try cancans or 1 foot tables now??

Posted: Mar 24, 2016 at 12:08 Quote
can cans are easy, even if you mess it up you can easily do a can can lander

Posted: Mar 25, 2016 at 2:11 Quote
josip wrote:
can cans are easy, even if you mess it up you can easily do a can can lander
thanks man!

Posted: Mar 26, 2016 at 21:06 Quote
sniperboy13 wrote:
just nailed one footers today with huge extension on tiny jumps, should i try cancans or 1 foot tables now??
nacs

Posted: Mar 27, 2016 at 11:34 Quote
here any tips on how no to be a shitebag for doing bars, i can get a high hop and spin the bars fast and catch on the ground i just don't wanna kebab my balls on the bars haha Wink

Posted: Mar 28, 2016 at 12:44 Quote
haz-steel wrote:
here any tips on how no to be a shitebag for doing bars, i can get a high hop and spin the bars fast and catch on the ground i just don't wanna kebab my balls on the bars haha Wink

I tried to learn them recently, I got as far as half bars, on grass, on a bmx. I learned them on an indoor bike first (bmx with footballs instead of wheels). I'd suggest wearing shin and knee pads. Other than that I think you just need to go for it. You'll come off, and hit yourself with the bars but it's usually okay.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016008
Mobile Version of Website