Trick Tips: A guide.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Trick Tips: A guide.
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 19:21 Quote
Hey guys.

I'm starting to get into dirtjumping and I'm wondering what the first trick I should learn is.

Any suggestions?

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 19:23 Quote
Talbs wrote:
Hey guys.

I'm starting to get into dirtjumping and I'm wondering what the first trick I should learn is.

Any suggestions?

No footers, one handers, x ups and tables/whips are a good place to start, once you have those done you can build on the skills you have.

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 19:34 Quote
What about a good way to practice/learn tailwhips?

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 19:40 Quote
Rattsl wrote:

any good flyout or step up.
lay on your back and try them, it takes some practice but its a good way to practice catching the tailwhip

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 19:42 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
Rattsl wrote:

lay on your back and try them, it takes some practice but its a good way to practice catching the tailwhip

Sounds like a good deal. Does doing them on your back really help? Gravity kinda works against you.

O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 19:47 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
matt-jenkins wrote:
Rattsl wrote:

Sounds like a good deal. Does doing them on your back really help? Gravity kinda works against you.

its a good way to practice how to catch the tailwhip. spinning them is really easy, finding pedals is the difficult part

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 19:53 Quote
I guess I'll get on that. I really wanna get them, they look so sweet on flat.

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 20:00 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
I need to be accepted to watch it.

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 at 20:23 Quote
Ah, I see.Thanks tips.

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 4:22 Quote
matt-jenkins wrote:
Talbs wrote:
Hey guys.

Any suggestions?

No footers, one handers, x ups and tables/whips are a good place to start, once you have those done you can build on the skills you have.

Thanks

Could you give me a quick step guide for no footers and x ups? I know I suck and it would be nice to know when to start them and if there are any "tricks" to pulling them off.

Thanks again

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 14:59 Quote
Talbs wrote:
matt-jenkins wrote:
Talbs wrote:
Hey guys.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Could you give me a quick step guide for no footers and x ups? I know I suck and it would be nice to know when to start them and if there are any "tricks" to pulling them off.

Thanks again

I'm not very good at x-ups so I won't try to give advice on them. But with no footers, find a jump you're very comfortable with and can stay level in the air on. After you take off, start to peel feet off the pedals from inside to outside. Once you get past the fear of taking them off, then start to let the bike fall a bit and then progress in small steps you kick them out to each side. Hope I helped Smile

Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 15:02 Quote
evilrydr wrote:
Talbs wrote:
matt-jenkins wrote:

Thanks

Thanks again

I'm not very good at x-ups so I won't try to give advice on them. But with no footers, find a jump you're very comfortable with and can stay level in the air on. After you take off, start to peel feet off the pedals from inside to outside. Once you get past the fear of taking them off, then start to let the bike fall a bit and then progress in small steps you kick them out to each side. Hope I helped Smile

Most importantly, wait until you hit the peak before you take your feet off. If you dont then the bike will rise up and get caught underneath you. This can also make you go over the bars.

O+
Posted: Feb 11, 2010 at 15:47 Quote
I'll add a no footer and X up guide in my first post, the main thing about no footers is to lift your feet off the pedals, dont kick them off. that can cause your cranks to spin, also make sure both feet come off at the same time.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015784
Mobile Version of Website