Megavalanche 2010

PB Forum :: Downhill
Megavalanche 2010
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 11:45 Quote
So then ive entered the Mega for this year, and it will be my first time doing the event.

Im currently riding a Lapierre Froggy, with a dhx 5 air, and Lyrik coil forks. I will put a single ring on the front, most likely 34 or 36 tooth, and think this bike will be awesome for the trip. Any other changes I should think about?

Any help would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 8:42 Quote
Bike set up sounds sweet, have you got an adjustable seat post? I did it last year and there were all sorts of set ups there, Full DH to Hard tail. I did it on a stock session 88 which I found perfect for the qualifier, maybe a bit big for the Mega but not the end of the world. Also good tires you are confident with at a slightly higher pressure.

Have fun, get fit and maybe I’ll maybe see you there!!

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 8:49 Quote
from experience, the lighter bike the better. and i dont mean fighting for every gram, i mean if you have proper downhill bike you have no chance. single crown, instead of double crown, help a lot, not much travel, i would say max 6 inches.

in some sections you have to cycle or push the bike and it is easier. there are not many difficult technical downhill part. last year i had trek session 88dh and although it was great for sprint avalanche and some downhill sections i had no chance with guys who had enduro bikes.

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 9:39 Quote
bike sounds good - its my first time too!!!

i cant wait - wish it was sooner!

Posted: Jan 13, 2010 at 7:09 Quote
Cheers guys, i cant wait. Thinking of an adjustable seatpost, will it be worth it tho.

Stepped up my training already, 4 spin classes a week, 1 run a week, and all my usuall dh and xc riding.

Love reading your posts jumble, keep it up!!!

Posted: Jan 31, 2010 at 10:09 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=94831

Lets get this ball rolling - spread the word people - lets make that thread the go to thread of all the forums so it'll be an actual help!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.284513
Mobile Version of Website