The hardest decision of my life.

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
The hardest decision of my life.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 19:50 Quote
Well, im turning 16 sunday. Ive got the choice between money for a trials bike, or money for my first car.

The truck im interested in is a 1985 Ford Bronco 4X4. 6 inch suspention lift, 3 inch body lift, 35 inch pro comp tires, Inline 6 with a 4 speed (granny gear). Damn........

Well, Im going to stay in the world of trials, but it looks like its going to be a while before I have my own.

But shit. Im gonna have my first car! haha

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 19:54 Quote
Chicks like cars.

On a serious note, also consider how much easier it will be to get a job with a mode of transportation. With that job, you can buy a bike.

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 19:58 Quote
depending on the mileage and condition of the bronco i'd get it. if its got a ton of mileage and isnt in very good condition then i wouldnt look at it. but if the mileage is high but its in good condition then if your willing to put out a little to have the engine machined and rebuilt, then i'd still get it.

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 20:01 Quote
Canadmos wrote:
Chicks like cars.

On a serious note, also consider how much easier it will be to get a job with a mode of transportation. With that job, you can buy a bike.

this guy has a good point lol but true, sort of invest with buying a car and it'll give you opportunities for other things that may earn you money and you'll end up with both

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 20:11 Quote
Here's some old man advice, make sure that buying a big truck is financially smart. I can guarantee you that not everyone out there drives an economy car because they want to. 2 years ago (or whenever it was that gas prices shot through the roof) I unintentiionally put myself in a bad position with having a big truck and the damn thing burned a hole through my wallet. I eventually had to find a job closer to home because I was losing nearly half my cheque to gas money. Just something to bear in mind.

FL
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 20:22 Quote
I say the truck is a better deal. Better investment for the money you have and you can make money with a job.

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 20:35 Quote
Hey man that thing is going to EAT gas and then come back for more! Kinda of sounds to me like you want a big truck for the hype. IMO you would be much better off in the long run getting a little four banger thats decent on gas. Then use the money saved to buy a new bike. Have your cake and eat it too so to speak, although the cake might not be a big nice one!

O+
Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 20:37 Quote
@ezekiel....since when was 25 "old man status"? Good advice none the less.

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 20:55 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
Here's some old man advice, make sure that buying a big truck is financially smart. I can guarantee you that not everyone out there drives an economy car because they want to. 2 years ago (or whenever it was that gas prices shot through the roof) I unintentiionally put myself in a bad position with having a big truck and the damn thing burned a hole through my wallet. I eventually had to find a job closer to home because I was losing nearly half my cheque to gas money. Just something to bear in mind.

^^All that is true. Another thing to consider is the cost wheeling this rig, if that's what you intend on doing. Stuff like drag links, half shafts, u-joints and drive shafts break all the time and the labour and costs add up. Even if you are doing everything yourself. The motor would be my biggest concern. See if you can get the oil analyzed for wear metals to get a handle on what kind of lifespan it may have. If you only have enough money for a bicycle or a truck, I'm guessing you can't afford a motor rebuild. And having a truck with a blown head gasket is no party. Love the truck. I had a girlfriend who wheeled one on 33s. The power rear window sucked!

Hardest decision of your life so far Big Grin Life's been good to you!

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 21:03 Quote
ezekiel wrote:

The thing is im a mountain boy. Im going to be using it to drive to school durring the week, and up to the mountains for 4wheeling and dirtbikes durring the weekends. Im not getting my license till october, but I will be able to drive this around with my permit. Im getting a job soon, and a 2nd one over the summer, so I will have some money for gas. Besides, that inline 6 ought to make a little better gas mileage then my dads 4.6L V8 (F250).

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 21:33 Quote
Just wanted to be the first to say Happy Birthday! (I'll be outta town over the weekend) Congrats on the big one-six. plz don't drink an' drive.

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 21:38 Quote
[/Quote]

Hardest decision of your life so far Big Grin Life's been good to you![/Quote]

Haha not really, made it sound good tho right?

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 21:40 Quote
jbeezee wrote:
Just wanted to be the first to say Happy Birthday! (I'll be outta town over the weekend) Congrats on the big one-six. plz don't drink an' drive.

Thank you! I dont drink, smoke pot, or talk or text while driving. Once I get past the whole teen ego thing, I might turn out to be a pretty good driver.

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 21:42 Quote
when your getting laid in the backseat of your truck
you'll be glad you picked it over a bike

Posted: Jan 11, 2010 at 21:44 Quote
sticcck wrote:
when your getting laid in the backseat of your truck
you'll be glad you picked it over a bike
I gotta say, I love a good trials bike. But there isnt much room for doin the dirty. haha. Thanks everybody. And Im also stoked, im getting my motorcycle permit on monday! (cant get it till your 16)

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009548
Mobile Version of Website