Drifting

Previous Page |
Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 8:00 Quote
Can any give me some tips on drifting corners.

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 10:26 Quote
is drifting a technical word?
or do you mean that stuff cars do in japan

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 10:34 Quote
Try it on an open dirt road first. Just corner faster than you think you have grip for, an get a feel for where you start to slide out, but can hold it together.

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 13:56 Quote
Best trick I know is to drop your outside foot when taking the corner. This shifts your weight so you're more over the bike in turn and keeps you rear tire planted better.

Other than that.. just giv'r if you wash out, you went to fast

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 14:03 Quote
Find a nice open, loose, flat corner to try on first of all.

Then, ride along at a reasonable speed, then start to shift your weight forward to put more weight over the front wheel, and make the rear grip less. Then, lean the bike, to the left if you want to corner left, or right, if you're cornering to the right. Stick your inside foot out for balance so if you loose the front wheel you have support.

Posted: Jan 12, 2010 at 16:42 Quote
i can drift off the road onto my driveway(its gravel), but i cant do it on a turn without locking my rear wheel wih my brake, do you need burms to do this cause i would have to build oe, our trail's corners suck ass.

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 10:29 Quote
Find a nice, high speed corner thats flat and slippery(preferrably sand over hardpack) and enter the corner way to fast. Try to press your inside bar down and drop your outside pedal. I recomend taking your inside foot off the pedal and be ready to dab it if you go to far over.

Hope that helps.

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 10:37 Quote
dirtmonkey1 wrote:
Find a nice, high speed corner thats flat and slippery(preferrably sand over hardpack) and enter the corner way to fast. Try to press your inside bar down and drop your outside pedal. I recomend taking your inside foot off the pedal and be ready to dab it if you go to far over.

Hope that helps.

+1

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 10:41 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
dirtmonkey1 wrote:

Hope that helps.

+1

+2

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 10:47 Quote
good info, but how does one do THIS whithout hurting oneself?

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 10:49 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:

hes leaning over the front wheel so takes most of the weight off the back wheel.

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 10:51 Quote
Looks like theres some water or something on the ground aswell.
Looks hella fun.

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 10:56 Quote
DJPrOdigy wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

hes leaning over the front wheel so takes most of the weight off the back wheel.
Tried it, busted my nads on the TT

Posted: Feb 24, 2010 at 10:58 Quote
The roads over there are paved with something else. Look up saudi drifting on youtube.

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 at 19:21 Quote
To practice lift up your back tire and 'swing' your tail of to one side using your legs. Once you have that down then slitley pull your breaks and do the same motion but without lifting your back tire.

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012172
Mobile Version of Website