Fox vanilla rc compression adjuster

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox vanilla rc compression adjuster
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 5:27 Quote
My fox vanilla rc was sent down to tf tuned last week £105 i was charged for a service a new compression adjuster and poatage. They screwed up the payment details delivered it to the wrong address after i changed it and the compression adjuster still doesn't turn after they installed the new one. They've offered that i send it back down and they'll ciover carriage costs. Should i push to get more out of them? And idea if i could get the adjuster to move myself? Any input is appreciated. Cheers PS it's a fox vanilla rc with propedal on my big hit 2004 it's not stock if that helps

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 5:48 Quote
Why push for more just send it back,mojo wouldn't even cover your p&p costs.

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 7:47 Quote
because i reckon a partial refund or future discount would be appreciated after the inconvenience suffered it's a big let down on their part getting nothing right.

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 9:02 Quote
dalesmtb wrote:
because i reckon a partial refund or future discount would be appreciated after the inconvenience suffered it's a big let down on their part getting nothing right.

It's a mistake and they happen,but a refund lol for what you weren't hurt or anything you were just put out.

Like i said most companies won't offer to pay for the p&p and by law they don't have too so i would consider yourself lucky.

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 4:44 Quote
well to be totally honest the entire thing was a complete f*ck up and with a company with their reputation things like this shouldn't happen. When i phoned to say the service wasn't even done right they were just silent on the phone and after wards they practically denied it saying that they wouldn't let it leave without an adjuster turning. And no apology was even made i only got an apology for the payment details and the delivery which to be honest wasn't that big a deal but when they're charging that kind of price for their work it's nice to know they'll get it right.

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 13:29 Quote
You're gonna have to accept that they are only human, and you will get nothing by having a go. It sounds like they've acknowledged the mistake by saying they will sort it out at no cost, so stop bitching about it. What more do you want? The bloke being silent at the end of the phone was probably thinking 'what a tit' and to be honest, I'd kinda agree with him.

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 15:47 Quote
what a tit? What for pointing out that i had recieved my rear shock back that wasn't completely repaired? the reson i sent it was to get it repaired and you think if i recieve it back not done i'm going to ignore that and move on with my life after paying money for nothing.

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 9:25 Quote
dalesmtb wrote:
what a tit? What for pointing out that i had recieved my rear shock back that wasn't completely repaired? the reson i sent it was to get it repaired and you think if i recieve it back not done i'm going to ignore that and move on with my life after paying money for nothing.

Just send the shock back and express your disappointment,but to be honest your looking for people to stick up for you when it ain't gonna happen,people have problems every day with bike parts/bikes and yes it is unfortunate but they apologised and said they would fix it get over it already.

And to be honest with the amount of snow we have had lately it ain't gonna spoil much of your ride time either is it.

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 10:29 Quote
yeah it is really because i don't use the snow as an excuse not to ride my bike. I get out when i get the chance.

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 5:54 Quote
dalesmtb wrote:
well to be totally honest the entire thing was a complete f*ck up and with a company with their reputation things like this shouldn't happen. When i phoned to say the service wasn't even done right they were just silent on the phone and after wards they practically denied it saying that they wouldn't let it leave without an adjuster turning. And no apology was even made i only got an apology for the payment details and the delivery which to be honest wasn't that big a deal but when they're charging that kind of price for their work it's nice to know they'll get it right.

I would address the owner of the company in writing and be as professional and understanding as you can (i.e. bite your tongue). Let them know that you understand that mistakes happen but thought that they might want to look into what could have happened. Let them know that you were disappointed as you have heard nothing but great things about there organization. Explain how they agreed to cover your S/H costs and fix the problem and thank them. This is the best way to handle it I think. If they choose to offer a discount, they will. If not, at least you get exactly what you paid for which is more than some companies deliver every day on a consistent basis.

Good luck and enjoy the shock.

Andrew.

PS I had a local shop under charge me on a balance owing on a bike by over $1k as the 'new guy' entered in the price with the decimal too far left. I could have stuck them with the bill as I had a receipt for it but I agreed to pay as the human element comes into play here. I have had a great relationship with this shop ever since and they always look after me.

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 11:15 Quote
thanls mate that's the first positive input i'v had so far everyone seems to be acting like a twat and i reckon they'd feel differently if it happened to them.

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 11:19 Quote
dalesmtb wrote:
thanls mate that's the first positive input i'v had so far everyone seems to be acting like a twat and i reckon they'd feel differently if it happened to them.

I'm not acting like a twit in any way shape or form,but your just bleating for nothing as if your like the only one in history to have had a problem.

It was a mistake they agreed it was there fault,they agreed to fix the problem and pay for the p&p how much more do you want.

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 11:24 Quote
don't be a nob towards them, they're a bunch of decent people and are obviously trying to say sorry for the mistake by paying for P+P, if you push for more you might just end up having to pay for P+P, bit like oliver twist, ask for more, get a slap for it Wink Whip

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 11:29 Quote
uttanutta12 wrote:
don't be a nob towards them, they're a bunch of decent people and are obviously trying to say sorry for the mistake by paying for P+P, if you push for more you might just end up having to pay for P+P, bit like oliver twist, ask or more, get a slap for it Wink Whip

+1

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011367
Mobile Version of Website