HALFLINK is BULL

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
HALFLINK is BULL
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:09 Quote
ok, just went to go out riding with a few mates, got down road, snap, halflink snapped again, seriosly i have snapped 8 halflinks, best chain in the world, i say to you bullshit and i dont care what you think, i have rode them, and now thanks again i am covered cuts for f*ck sake. Yes the chain was put on right, and no im not heavy at all. and yes nothing is bent, i have never had problems with any other chains, so please would some one reccomend me a strong f*cking chain.

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:12 Quote
yhh mate , i hear all the time that they snap might aswell stick to ya KMC

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:14 Quote
yt13bmx wrote:
yhh mate , i hear all the time that they snap might aswell stick to ya KMC

KMC what, dude give me the name of a strong chain, i dont care about the weight, ill go get it tomoro.

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:17 Quote
like this http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/14/KMC_415H_Phat_Chain
hope it helps

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:19 Quote
yt13bmx wrote:
like this http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/14/KMC_415H_Phat_Chain
hope it helps

but will it fit, i have a united squad 28t sprocket, and a 9t proper hub on the back

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 11:20 Quote
most proberley ? Smile

anyone know ?

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 17:21 Quote
kmc z410 or 710, either one is good and strong. 710sl is light and strong hollow plate i ran one for a long time no issues

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 17:37 Quote
Half link chains are a stupid idea, they always have been. I really don't understand why people think they're so great. They stretch way faster than a normal chain, cost way more than a normal chain, in general just cause more problems than a normal chain.

This isn't news. Half link chains have always sucked and always will suck

The best chain in my opinion is a KMC 510HX. Wippermans are good too, but they're pricey and usually over kill.

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 17:38 Quote
do you grind on your drive side by any chance?

i snap a lot of chains but i think its something to do with me grinding on my drive side, i bought my odyssey v3/hazard lite wheel before i started grinding so i didnt know i needed a LHD Facepalm i snap chains because i end up grinding on them at the back cause i dont have a hub guard that fits over my driver

i run a basic KMC Kool chain at the moment not too sure the models or whatever but is nice and thick, i only got it put on the other day because i was sick of snapping these cheapie chains and im gonna see how this lasts

my mate has a fit chain that came on his complete, and that is the thickest chain ive seen, it looks like some kind of motorbike chain

Posted: Jan 14, 2010 at 19:25 Quote
shadow conspiracy half link is the best, never snapped it in 2 years

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 3:19 Quote
ryaneles wrote:

Dude i dont want to listen to your shit. I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT NO HALFLINK. i had a shadow half link, i also had a stolen half link, there apsolutly shit, so dont tell me there good. and yes my pegs are on my right, and my drive is left hand drive.

im looking to order a new chain, but i dont understand what all the 1/8, 3,5 or whatever it is, is all about, i ride a united squad sprocket, with a proper hub if that helps, can someone explain please.

im looking at the wippermann chain, £22 is alot of money for a chain, but if it stops my problem then i will consider buying it. Also some people say it doesnt fit on a 9t driver?
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=11288

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 3:48 Quote
710 or 710 sl. if you dont grind on your drive side you wont need that wipperman griding chain.

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 6:08 Quote
George657 wrote:
ryaneles wrote:

Dude i dont want to listen to your shit. I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT NO HALFLINK. i had a shadow half link, i also had a stolen half link, there apsolutly shit, so dont tell me there good. and yes my pegs are on my right, and my drive is left hand drive.

im looking to order a new chain, but i dont understand what all the 1/8, 3,5 or whatever it is, is all about, i ride a united squad sprocket, with a proper hub if that helps, can someone explain please.

im looking at the wippermann chain, £22 is alot of money for a chain, but if it stops my problem then i will consider buying it. Also some people say it doesnt fit on a 9t driver?
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=11288

well your an idiot, you flip out when you talking baout snapping 8 halflinks, and ive never snapped one and about 4 or 5 guys I ride with all have shadow half links and never snapped it, so im pretty sure its the rider with the problem, not the chain

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 6:33 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Half link chains are a stupid idea, they always have been. I really don't understand why people think they're so great. They stretch way faster than a normal chain, cost way more than a normal chain, in general just cause more problems than a normal chain.

This isn't news. Half link chains have always sucked and always will suck

The best chain in my opinion is a KMC 510HX. Wippermans are good too, but they're pricey and usually over kill.

Or a 710. I've always been a fan of the 710's. But yeah, high five Mike.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014006
Mobile Version of Website