PB Forum :: BMX (20")
HALFLINK is BULL
FL
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 9:17 Quote
ryaneles wrote:
George657 wrote:
ryaneles wrote:
shadow conspiracy half link is the best, never snapped it in 2 years

Dude i dont want to listen to your shit. I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT NO HALFLINK. i had a shadow half link, i also had a stolen half link, there apsolutly shit, so dont tell me there good. and yes my pegs are on my right, and my drive is left hand drive.

im looking to order a new chain, but i dont understand what all the 1/8, 3,5 or whatever it is, is all about, i ride a united squad sprocket, with a proper hub if that helps, can someone explain please.

im looking at the wippermann chain, £22 is alot of money for a chain, but if it stops my problem then i will consider buying it. Also some people say it doesnt fit on a 9t driver?
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=11288

well your an idiot, you flip out when you talking baout snapping 8 halflinks, and ive never snapped one and about 4 or 5 guys I ride with all have shadow half links and never snapped it, so im pretty sure its the rider with the problem, not the chain

nah ive snapped 4, but the real reason is you gear ratio, if you have a small ratio they are more likly to snap, i had a 9t driver and so does this dude, which i think is where the problem origonates

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 9:47 Quote
i have 25-9 gearing as well man

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 9:55 Quote
ryaneles wrote:

so your the idiot aand its not the rideer!

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 13:50 Quote
Calm yourself man its only a chain!
But you cannot go wrong with Kmc chains in my experience.
Never tried a half link tho

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 17:53 Quote
George657 wrote:
ryaneles wrote:

how am i a idiot for running 25-9 and NEVER snapping a chain

Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 18:01 Quote
ryaneles wrote:
George657 wrote:
ryaneles wrote:

how am i a idiot for running 25-9 and NEVER snapping a chain
f*ck... never?

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2010 at 18:28 Quote
i know you hate halflinks and all, but ive had a shadow halflink chain for almost 2 years with no problems, ive even grinded on it..

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 1:06 Quote
one of my links snapped on one side . so i put a new link in it and it now doesnt feel as good and makes a hell of a noice. dont buy xposure :@

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 1:10 Quote
You probably put a tight spot in the chain when you were pressing the new link in.

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 1:11 Quote
ye probly. thanks mate

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 1:14 Quote
in my opinion halflinks look a lot better then normal chains

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 1:19 Quote
George657 wrote:
ryaneles wrote:

Dude i dont want to listen to your shit. I DONT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT NO HALFLINK. i had a shadow half link, i also had a stolen half link, there apsolutly shit, so dont tell me there good. and yes my pegs are on my right, and my drive is left hand drive.
im looking to order a new chain, but i dont understand what all the 1/8, 3,5 or whatever it is, is all about, i ride a united squad sprocket, with a proper hub if that helps, can someone explain please.
Way to look like a jackass. You either arent installing them right, or your doing somthing stupid. I weigh 230, ride a singlespeed hardtail DH bike with a Shadow half link chain... best chain i've ever had! And i'm 110% sure i'm f*ckloads harder on my chain than you. NONE of the BMXers I know have had an issue with them, they all have them because it's one of the best chains out there. The fact that you don't know the difference between the sizes is a fed flag that you're sombody that doesn't really know what they're doing. Maybe you need to learn to ride chainless... That would save pinkbike from your asenine attitude.
Otherwise, the KMC K810 is AWESOME!

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 1:33 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
George657 wrote:
ryaneles wrote:

Way to look like a jackass. You either arent installing them right, or your doing somthing stupid. I weigh 230, ride a singlespeed hardtail DH bike with a Shadow half link chain... best chain i've ever had! And i'm 110% sure i'm f*ckloads harder on my chain than you. NONE of the BMXers I know have had an issue with them, they all have them because it's one of the best chains out there. The fact that you don't know the difference between the sizes is a fed flag that you're sombody that doesn't really know what they're doing. Maybe you need to learn to ride chainless... That would save pinkbike from your asenine attitude.
Otherwise, the KMC K810 is AWESOME!

Way to sound like an american fagget, If you read above its not just me having problems with them, everyone i no hates them, a dude who owns a bmx shop, use to be pro, but hes like 50 off now, he hates them, hes forever getting complaints because of them. so 'jackass' i would like to see you call every other person who hates half link, a 'jackass'. Im not installing them properly, i ruled that out the second time i snapped one, i gave it to the bike shop to fit, it cost me a £5 for them to fit it ok dick. And the reason i have an attitude, is becaues if you read in my first post, it says, I DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR HALF LINK BULLSHIT so how does that sound to you f*ckface.

Oh also, i bet travis pastrana couldnt build a motorcross bike, does that meen he doesnt no what hes doing?

FL
Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 3:19 Quote
wow your really mature.......

Posted: Jan 16, 2010 at 3:24 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
wow your really mature.......

thanks dude.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012678
Mobile Version of Website