What bike should i get?

PB Forum :: Observed Biketrials
What bike should i get?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 17:35 Quote
hey, lately i have really been getting into trials riding,and i really want to get a trials bike. But i have to idea where to even start! i don't know whether i should get a mod or stock, with or oithout a seat,or singlespeed or geared.obviously i want it at as low of a price as i can without sacrificing quality, but like i said i don'y even know where to start. so i guess i just need some tips on where to get started.

Posted: Jan 18, 2010 at 17:49 Quote
details man, how tall are you? Do you like manuals? bunnyhopping and spinning? how old are you ( strength) what style do you think is cooler? bmx + trials style or just comp trials style.?

How much money you got? Wink

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 6:52 Quote
wannabeabiker wrote:
i want it at as low of a price as i can without sacrificing quality

you know that means it's gonna be expensive, right?

O+
Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 7:28 Quote
Haha, alright. lets see, i'm about 6'1". 16 years old, ive got a good build, so i gues i'm pretty strong. and i've always liked Ryan leech's lines, so guess sort of a comp style.

Posted: Jan 19, 2010 at 14:26 Quote
wannabeabiker wrote:
Haha, alright. lets see, i'm about 6'1". 16 years old, ive got a good build, so i gues i'm pretty strong. and i've always liked Ryan leech's lines, so guess sort of a comp style.

Aha, Ryan leetch isn't really comp.. here.

Street-trials:
Views: 43,446    Faves: 1,235    Comments: 386

Not really comp, but pure trials:
Views: 1,637    Faves: 24    Comments: 8

O+
Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 17:06 Quote
what would Ryans style be called then? i always thought that was the definition of comp, but apparently not. like i said, i'm sorta new to the trials scene, so i dont really know what im talking about!

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 18:56 Quote
Well, Ryan is kind of a mix of both I guess. He is the most renowned trials rider atm, probably, but he is not the best. I guess he does more pure trials, but his bike prohibits his talent. which of those videos did you like better, as a base, and we can all help tweak it from there. Smile

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 19:09 Quote
Ryan's style is known as "manifesto"

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 19:17 Quote
Ryans awkward to be around. Ben why the hell arent you here riding right now?!?

Posted: Jan 21, 2010 at 19:35 Quote
Parents are on a date lol!. Yeah he talks like a robot.

Posted: Jan 22, 2010 at 14:27 Quote
wannabeabiker wrote:

You pretty much just described my body type and age ect. So I wouldnt really recomend a mod just because your probably going to feel not as cramped on a stock Smile

I recommend a second hand echo, czar , gu, ect.. They are awesome to start on and are pretty good quality.Smile

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 at 9:10 Quote
Chronic-Poker, Is like 6'2 and he rides a mod very well.

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 at 9:19 Quote
But he has a long mod and the bars rolled forward and obscene amount. On a side note... I really didn't find Ryan all that awkward to be around when I met him... Maybe because I'm so awkward?

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 at 9:27 Quote
I know that, im just stating that if you tall you "have" to ride a stock.

Posted: Jan 23, 2010 at 12:16 Quote
I always called Ryan's riding style "Mountain bike trials", whereas Damon rides TGS(single lines, TGS stands for Tap/Gap/Sidehop), and then you have people like Danny Mac that ride 24" street trials, and again on the other end of the spectrum you have riders like Gilles and Vince that ride competition trials.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014423
Mobile Version of Website