Post Your Bottlerockets

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Post Your Bottlerockets
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 4:56 Quote
How have you routed it ? Used the middle cable router along the top tube ? I want a dropper but I'm worried about it getting the cable trapped when it's all the way down and all the way through its travel .

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 5:03 Quote
liamarcher wrote:
How have you routed it ? Used the middle cable router along the top tube ? I want a dropper but I'm worried about it getting the cable trapped when it's all the way down and all the way through its travel .

Just get some stick on cable guides.

I've got an integral routed one on mine & had the seat tube drilled at the bottom for the cable.

Posted: May 24, 2016 at 10:31 Quote
Could you post some better pictures ?

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 4:52 Quote
liamarcher wrote:
Here's some better photos, mine is a 2012 BR and has the cabe guide underneath the top tube between the link.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 10:34 Quote
PedalSpanner wrote:
photo

Here's my BR done up with air suspension, xc wheels, dropper post, carbon handlebars and 1x10 drivetrain. Rides brilliantly and can throw it about without worrying. Prefer the air suspension as well as can easily lock it out.

whoah!!!! dude! that is EXACTLY what im talking about! that is one sweet ride!

Posted: May 25, 2016 at 12:35 Quote
PedalSpanner wrote:
liamarcher wrote:
Here's some better photos, mine is a 2012 BR and has the cabe guide underneath the top tube between the link.

photo

photo

photo

Exactly where I was thinking of routing it , you just have a extra cable guid further down the top tube than mine (09) , although I'd be wanting a dropper where the cable goes to the lower part , not all the way up , just think they look cleaner .

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 4:22 Quote
[Quote="liamarcher"]
PedalSpanner wrote:
liamarcher wrote:

Exactly where I was thinking of routing it , you just have a extra cable guid further down the top tube than mine (09) , although I'd be wanting a dropper where the cable goes to the lower part , not all the way up , just think they look cleaner .

My choice of dropper was based of money constraints, personally wouldn't recommend the new nuke proof oklo unless its your only option, not that impressed.

Posted: May 26, 2016 at 4:42 Quote
[Quote="PedalSpanner"]
liamarcher wrote:
PedalSpanner wrote:

My choice of dropper was based of money constraints, personally wouldn't recommend the new nuke proof oklo unless its your only option, not that impressed.

What's wrong with it ?

Posted: May 27, 2016 at 5:15 Quote
[Quote="liamarcher"]
PedalSpanner wrote:
liamarcher wrote:

What's wrong with it ?

I'm not heavy enough to get it down, and its return is slow compared to other posts. I'm yet to find a way to adjust the air pressure, may end up emailing nuke proof to see if theres a way to change it.

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 15:41 Quote
none
A wee look at my bottlerocket 2012 ill be building if its not sold in a week 
build kit includes
lyrik solo air 170
nukeproof generator tcs on pro 2 evo
2.4 high roller 2 exo tubeless
joystick digger bars
straitline stem
thomson elite setpost
joystick digger saddle
straitline silentguid full black
raceface respond cranks black
straitline defacto 
saint 10speed mech and shifter 
11-34 xt cassette
the new xt brakes black
dmr deathgrips 

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 at 22:14 Quote
Do people still have bottlerockets ?
This is mine , just finished a complete rebuild , rides so nice.
photo

Posted: Dec 12, 2017 at 10:29 Quote
very nice, there was something so simple and rugged about them, I still remember mine. I'd love a double!

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 6:14 Quote
Since this thread has been resurrected here’s my 2009 I built. Rawed it out and built up from there. Looking at going to a vivid and a totem for next season as well as rawing the wheels out.
photo

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 10:04 Quote
Beautiful bike man! Personally I like the yellow wheels. Maybe accent it with some other yellow parts/grips?

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 17:20 Quote
Thanks man! Part of me likes them too, but I'm just not a big fan of yellow, I only got them in yellow because they were super cheap. haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028920
Mobile Version of Website