Post Your Bottlerockets

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Post Your Bottlerockets
Posted: Aug 23, 2018 at 3:50 Quote
Still going strong, muddy day out on Killington VT.
photo

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 at 15:21 Quote
So...coil or air rear shock for a bottlerocket.

Posted: Jul 5, 2019 at 3:48 Quote
kreature406 wrote:
So...coil or air rear shock for a bottlerocket.

I switched to coil from air. Its still really poppy and fun but a bit less harsh, the small bump compliance increased a little too which i found this bike really lacks. My totem is coil too which is amazing.

Posted: Aug 11, 2019 at 11:31 Quote
Was looking for one before I bought my Triple. If I can find a "DEAL" I would still like to pick one up.

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 15:26 Quote
Anyone still riding these? Would be nice to get some new pics of the ones still being ridden in here. I just single speeded mine using a hacked Sram GX derailleur and DMR spacer kit as seen in the muddy pic (I should've done this sooner, its a game changer) and upgraded my Guide RSC's to Code RSC's; I just might be crazy putting money into this thing but i can't resist, its just so good still.
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 3, 2020 at 18:17 Quote
Your NOT crazy, those thing are sick !!!

Posted: Jul 4, 2020 at 6:26 Quote
This forum get me more excited than any other on PB. Good job with that raw framed BR!! These are very much still viable rides; I remember people shredding on them just as hard back in the day. I feel like these started the aggressive trail bike sector.

Posted: Jul 6, 2020 at 18:44 Quote
thanks guys! i love it so much i haven't really felt the need to get a new bike yet, but when i do it'll probably be a patrol built up the same way.

Posted: Jul 12, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
Can anyone recommend a rear shock for the Bottlerocket that I can lockout so it rides like a hard tail? It’s an 08. I measured 7-3/4” eye to eye on the shock. Thanks

Posted: Sep 17, 2020 at 14:14 Quote
Schnboo wrote:
Can anyone recommend a rear shock for the Bottlerocket that I can lockout so it rides like a hard tail? It’s an 08. I measured 7-3/4” eye to eye on the shock. Thanks
I'm running a Fox Float CTD. Feels really nice on the bottle rocket and has a system that doesn't fully lock out, but greatly reduces pedal bob which is one of the worst things about this frame while climbing with it's simple linkage.

photo

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 at 23:05 Quote
photo
photo

Hey guys I just got a Transition Bottlerocket but I can't seem to figure out what year/version the frame is. Im also not sure exactly what Fork / Shock is on there and where to find fox's tech docks. I spent a while researching it but I gave up. ???? If you guys could do your thing and help a brother out it would be amazing. Also I'm considering selling it completely or piecing it out if I decide not to keep it so feel free to shoot offers too.

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 11:36 Quote
I think its an 11, its definitely not an early or late one. As for the suspension, look for serial numbers and email Fox directly. Don't sell it you'll only regret it! I can't go to a bike park with mine without some one commenting that they wish they never sold theirs. Hahaha

Duffmaxwell wrote:
photo
photo

Hey guys I just got a Transition Bottlerocket but I can't seem to figure out what year/version the frame is. Im also not sure exactly what Fork / Shock is on there and where to find fox's tech docks. I spent a while researching it but I gave up. ???? If you guys could do your thing and help a brother out it would be amazing. Also I'm considering selling it completely or piecing it out if I decide not to keep it so feel free to shoot offers too.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2021 at 12:18 Quote
Duffmaxwell wrote:
photo
photo

V2 c2008.

V1 had smaller bearings at the dropouts, V2.5 (V3?) had cutouts in the foreward shock mount rather than just the recesses visible there. Same vintage as my one was.

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 7:30 Quote
Duffmaxwell wrote:
photo
photo

If that's your bike park pass, I look forward to seeing you at Summit!

Posted: Feb 4, 2021 at 7:31 Quote
Adore these bikes, everytime I look for one I can't seem to find one Frown UK tings

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022379
Mobile Version of Website