You know you have had a bad day riding when....

PB Forum :: Downhill
You know you have had a bad day riding when....
Posted: Jan 31, 2010 at 23:47 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
uttanutta12 wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
my bike was fine after, just wrecked one grip

i imagine it got a bit of blood on it Confused
nope, just body fat (the little I had in the leg)

u have bar ends?

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 6:19 Quote
snickkers wrote:
knightridersix04 wrote:
uttanutta12 wrote:

i imagine it got a bit of blood on it Confused
nope, just body fat (the little I had in the leg)

u have bar ends?
yup, the brake lever made the initial puncture

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 14:39 Quote
kev1n wrote:
when you crash, your knocked out, and you wake up looking like this

photo

(and thats after 3 days...)
Dude WTF happened to you? Please fill us all in Glad to see your conscious.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 17:03 Quote
well, I was up in pacifica, riding with my brother and a dear buddy of mine. So, fortunately, I had the chance to ride his brand spanking new commencal supreme DH. As were riding down a trail called mile, I was flying, I was hitting everything almost 2x faster than i normally would, (i blame the bike). So, from what i can remember, i was hitting the off camber wide open turn a little way to fast and the front just slid out from under me. Now, stupid me, I didn't wear a full face helmet that day, only a piss bucket. Lucky, i wore goggles which took most of the force from the face plant, it also probably saved me from being blind today. Once i woke up, i found blood all over myself coughing and hacking blood beyond belief. Once the paramedics came, they had to walk me down the rest of the trail and on the way i went to San Fran general. (i couldn't be air lifted because it was too cloudy that day.) So after some intense CT scans, it was determined that a 3mm blood clot had formed and i was put into ICU to monitor if the blood clot was going to expand or not. To my luck, it didn't grow, then i was out into general care, were i was monitored and spent a terrible 3 days doing nothing. I left the hospital with a broken nose (3 break points), a chipped tooth (which was then crowned), stitches (and a nasty scar) under my nose, split open gums (more stitches), a healthy amount of cuts to the arm, and the worst part; head truama for 12 weeks. head truama was the worst because i couldnt ride or do any physical activity including football and cross country at school.

good fun eh?

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 18:20 Quote
is that why ur a gorilla in ur avatar. cus of the nose?

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 18:21 Quote
snickkers wrote:
is that why ur a gorilla in ur avatar. cus of the nose?

most likely, i mean its all alittle fuzzy still.

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 19:12 Quote
You know you had a bad day when you hit a tree get knocked out with full face I might add and you wake up to your arm at 90 degrees the wrong way and your bone is just chillin there where your elbow once was...56 stitches and a elbow mostly made of titanium and a 12 inch scar on the inside of my arm

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 8:37 Quote
[Quote="kev1n"]well, I was up in pacifica, riding with my brother and a dear buddy of mine. So, fortunately, I had the chance to ride his brand spanking new commencal supreme DH. As were riding down a trail called mile, I was flying, I was hitting everything almost 2x faster than i normally would, (i blame the bike). So, from what i can remember, i was hitting the off camber wide open turn a little way to fast and the front just slid out from under me. Now, stupid me, I didn't wear a full face helmet that day, only a piss bucket. Lucky, i wore goggles which took most of the force from the face plant, it also probably saved me from being blind today. Once i woke up, i found blood all over myself coughing and hacking blood beyond belief. Once the paramedics came, they had to walk me down the rest of the trail and on the way i went to San Fran general. (i couldn't be air lifted because it was too cloudy that day.) So after some intense CT scans, it was determined that a 3mm blood clot had formed and i was put into ICU to monitor if the blood clot was going to expand or not. To my luck, it didn't grow, then i was out into general care, were i was monitored and spent a terrible 3 days doing nothing. I left the hospital with a broken nose (3 break points), a chipped tooth (which was then crowned), stitches (and a nasty scar) under my nose, split open gums (more stitches), a healthy amount of cuts to the arm, and the worst part; head truama for 12 weeks. head truama was the worst because i couldnt ride or do any physical activity including football and cross country at school.

good fun eh?[/Quote Damn you are lucky to be alive ]

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 15:56 Quote
I never have a bad day riding. It's always a great time, no matter what happens.

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 16:03 Quote
first time on a bike for 2 months due to it been built, and you sack your self after 30 seconds Frown

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 16:35 Quote
you get a flat and nobody has tools

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 16:56 Quote
a bad day riding is a day when you can't ride.
Or you come around a corner at full speed and find a moose with an attitude...

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 17:01 Quote
lukaszkrolak wrote:
you get a flat and nobody has tools

happened to me when i was riding a trail in northstar. Turned out i had to walk in the blaring california sun, with no map of the mountain and no water...

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 18:23 Quote
firedudecndn wrote:
a bad day riding is a day when you can't ride.
Or you come around a corner at full speed and find a moose with an attitude...
damn a moose?! i would not want to be on the reciving end of a pissed off moose:P

Posted: Feb 5, 2010 at 18:38 Quote
Buddy forgets helmet at the bottom in the trucks.
You drive back to get it.
When you get back to the top your OTHER buddy realizes they forgot their helmet.
They go drive your truck back to get them... you wait for 20min at the top of the trail f*cking around on the first feature.
Rear flat half way down the trail...
When you get to the bottom you discover you took a wrong turn and ended up a 20min hike up hill with a flat tire from the trucks where your spare tube is.

All in all it was still a great ride though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020077
Mobile Version of Website