GT Avalanche max. tire size?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
GT Avalanche max. tire size?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jan 26, 2010 at 8:11 Quote
Not sure if this is the right area to post this buy anyway...

Does anyone know if a GT Avalanche frame can take a 2.35 High Roller?

Thanks

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 8:30 Quote
Hi mate, noticed you haven't had a reply yet. I had a GT avalanche running a 2.3 so i would think a 2.35 should be fine, so long as the wheels are good and true.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 9:45 Quote
a lot of the avalanche's come stock with a 2.3 nevegal (which run a tad wide) so i would say it would be fine. Try it and see if it fits

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 9:49 Quote
Thanks alot - will try it out

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 1:52 Quote
kev211 wrote:
a lot of the avalanche's come stock with a 2.3 nevegal (which run a tad wide) so i would say it would be fine. Try it and see if it fits

Might be different over the pond dude, but over here they pretty much always come stock with 2.1 Nevegals on, but because of the Nevegal tyre style they are wider than standard 2.1's and are pretty much the same size as something like a Continental 2.3.
But yeah, i still think 2.35's will fit.

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 17:11 Quote
twoheads wrote:
kev211 wrote:

Might be different over the pond dude, but over here they pretty much always come stock with 2.1 Nevegals on, but because of the Nevegal tyre style they are wider than standard 2.1's and are pretty much the same size as something like a Continental 2.3.
But yeah, i still think 2.35's will fit.

ya, i was wrong. i checked at work this weekend, and they have 2.1's. But, i still think they should be able to take a 2.35, cuz theres quite a bit of room there

Posted: Dec 18, 2017 at 10:38 Quote
I know it's a 7 year old thread, but I have accurate info.

2007 GT Avalanche, I'm running Schwalbe Hans Dampf 26 x 2.35 rear.
The knobs were rubbing the seat stays, had to manually shave them down to get clearance.
Luckily there's a line molded into the rubber halfway up the knob. I just ground them down with angle grinder/sanding disc and left the line so I know they are all exactly the same width. Sill rubs occasionally on heavy pedaling or in/out of ruts or angled riding. It's worth it to get thru the sand, though.

Front is a Rockshox SID, they have poor clearance also. Barely fits the 2.35. Rubs a bit on heavy pedaling when standing.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008127
Mobile Version of Website