Sun EQ31

PB Forum :: Downhill
Sun EQ31
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 27, 2010 at 8:50 Quote
Hey,

does any one on here use the sun ringle eq 31?

are they strong enough to take some hits?

Jack

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 11:56 Quote
Yes, they hold up for DH, but if you weigh a lot and ride rocky tracks you'll have to switch them every 3 weeks or so. Wink

Still, they're quite strong, especially compared to the weight.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 12:26 Quote
jinx wrote:
Yes, they hold up for DH, but if you weigh a lot and ride rocky tracks you'll have to switch them every 3 weeks or so. Wink

what would you class as rocky tracks?

would be be okay with a few small rock gardens (on 4x tracks).

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 12:28 Quote
jackhud wrote:
jinx wrote:

what would you class as rocky tracks?

would be be okay with a few small rock gardens (on 4x tracks).

Yeah, think of them as the Sun equivalent of Mavic 721, they won't hold up forever but they're pretty durable.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 12:29 Quote
They would be fine on 4x courses, I run them on my downhill bike and really hammer it through rock gardens and drops and they are as still as true as a penny.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 13:07 Quote
awesome Razz

how do they hold up against bad cases?

also...does it matter what size tyres I run with them as mavic give guides on what size to run.

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 14:37 Quote
well pretty damn well haha, they are great rims, a decent price too. nah it doesnt really matter, they are just 'guidelines' mavic post on their website. you can run up to 3 inchers on them and theyl be fine, and they will beef up smaller tyres like 2.35s which i guess you will be using for 4x

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 15:05 Quote
i havent had a single problem with mine, havent even had to true them in over a year, and im quite a heavy rider at times riding dh and cant see myself changing them
ive run minions, nevegals, and clutch dhs all in 2.5s no problems and for a small period of time as a botched attempt i had a maxxis ardant 2.2 wich altho ripped on a rock, had no problem on the rim

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 15:37 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
i havent had a single problem with mine, havent even had to true them in over a year, and im quite a heavy rider at times riding dh and cant see myself changing them
ive run minions, nevegals, and clutch dhs all in 2.5s no problems and for a small period of time as a botched attempt i had a maxxis ardant 2.2 wich altho ripped on a rock, had no problem on the rim

im planning on running 2.0 rear tyre and a 2.1 front.

Will these be okay for the EQ31?

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 16:06 Quote
should be fine, can see why not

Posted: Jan 28, 2010 at 16:11 Quote
theyll hold up for 4x no worries ive got them on my dh bike and ridden cwm carn which is rocky as with no problems

Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 8:17 Quote
if you will be running 2.0 and 2.1s then you may wana have a look at the eq 29 or 27s, there still extremely tough but are a bit lighter too.

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 at 14:26 Quote
in sorry to cut into the theme but im thining of buying a set of these rims and i was wondering if you can tell me if they wuld hold up dirt jumps( bad landings, bails, etc..)

ty for your answer

Ps: im sorry for my bad english

Cheers Aljaz Smile

Posted: Sep 4, 2011 at 19:13 Quote
AljazL wrote:
in sorry to cut into the theme but im thining of buying a set of these rims and i was wondering if you can tell me if they wuld hold up dirt jumps( bad landings, bails, etc..)

ty for your answer

Ps: im sorry for my bad english

Cheers Aljaz Smile

I would go for MTX's for that purpose.

Posted: Sep 30, 2015 at 21:18 Quote
Just bought a pair of EQ31s NOS for next to nothing! In grey camo they are going on a jump bike with 2.35 tyres. My set of MTXs were going on it, but I'd have to swap put the hubs for my dirt bike. The EQ31s will do just nicely!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.174362
Mobile Version of Website