Tyler's Bike Ride Log Blog

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Tyler's Bike Ride Log Blog
Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 17:11 Quote
brule wrote:
stew325 wrote:
+1 on keeping up the blog. reading through this last winter was great motivation for me to keep riding through the winter!!Beer

Ya it's fun to do, but 2 years ago the goal was to do 100 rides and write about them - turned into more of a task and took away some fun from a few rides - but on a plus it made me ride a few days where I would have rather stayed home. I'll try to focus on trips or simply fun rides. Glad some of you like em.

Agreed!

Got me motivated to grunt up vedder this AM. Road and trails were running MINT today as well. Rode the backside too ( makes for a longer reward )

Maybe see you up there for a lap sometime.

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 17:25 Quote
subscribing to this. Pressure is on now Ty, I expect 150 rides this year.

Posted: Jan 8, 2012 at 21:59 Quote
brule wrote:
stew325 wrote:
+1 on keeping up the blog. reading through this last winter was great motivation for me to keep riding through the winter!!Beer

Ya it's fun to do, but 2 years ago the goal was to do 100 rides and write about them - turned into more of a task and took away some fun from a few rides - but on a plus it made me ride a few days where I would have rather stayed home. I'll try to focus on trips or simply fun rides. Glad some of you like em.

Enjoyed it. Don't know valley trails well enough and it was cool to see. Plus some of the expressions on the self-portraits were keepers

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 at 13:57 Quote
Keep up the blog, Ty! Lovin' it when I can't ride and it's great inspiration when I can. Cheers!

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 at 20:38 Quote

First night ride of the season. Went out with local rider Aja and climbed up to SKidder/Hidden Pleasures, Turd Ferg, Ditch Chicken and down through Femur. All trails are running great with very little mud (ok it's muddy, but not raining). Someone has been working a bit on Ditch Chicken and it's rolling nice.

Speaking of rolling nice, the Specialized Butcher 2.3 in Control casing on the front is pretty awesome after 2 rides.

Another theme is going to be food - went to Maru Sushi after the ride. Not bad, but doesn't hold a candle next to Hana Sushi.

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 at 21:25 Quote
brule wrote:

First night ride of the season. Went out with local rider Aja and climbed up to SKidder/Hidden Pleasures, Turd Ferg, Ditch Chicken and down through Femur. All trails are running great with very little mud (ok it's muddy, but not raining). Someone has been working a bit on Ditch Chicken and it's rolling nice.

Speaking of rolling nice, the Specialized Butcher 2.3 in Control casing on the front is pretty awesome after 2 rides.

Another theme is going to be food - went to Maru Sushi after the ride. Not bad, but doesn't hold a candle next to Hana Sushi.

needs an iphone for more hipster photo"s?

Posted: Jan 14, 2012 at 2:19 Quote
Ok since the office beckons during the day, I have been lucky enough to get out for 2 night rides this week. On thursday night six of us met in Abbotsford to ride Ledgeview (Aja, Steve, Claire, Kevin, Bob and I). The climb up had me second guessing this as a good idea as the trail/road was really wet and the temp was below zero = icy forming all over the place and I am sure that bob squished his nuts at least twice on the way up when he'd spin out.

Once up at the tower we all put our armor on dropped in - initially I was super gun shy as I figured it was going to be slippery as all hell, but the frost heaves in the trail actually created a lot of traction and the it was a sick overall ride - thanks for leading us Bob!

Just like the theme of the last 2 posts, we headed to Me N Eds for a pizza feast and talked about why bikes are so rad!

Off to Utah on Monday!

Thursday Night Ride

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 14:29 Quote
While I still have not posted on my 5 rides in Utah and Arizona (waiting on my pics as I want to share them), I did get out today - just over 2 weeks ago I sprained my MCL. THe doc said 10-14 of no bike and more off the boards. I went out today for 11.6 miles according to Strava and the knee hurts like hell - haha frick! But the sun was out and it was great to be active. I guess back to yoga tomorrow night again and keep being mellow.

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 14:36 Quote
What bike are you riding and why?

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 14:50 Quote
looks like a cannondale Trail SL and an Orange 5

Posted: Feb 5, 2012 at 15:01 Quote
lilandy wrote:
What bike are you riding and why?

The hardtail is a Cannondale Trail SL2 - ride it cause it's a nice bike man, simple 29er for getting about on I suppose.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 13:39 Quote

Gonna try my leg at a climb tonight, so hoping to be back on the XC gig again soon. But I did get out twice on the DH bike last week. First time was a hike up to Dilema and a night ride down and was feeling pretty good. Then on Sunday we started the push up and got picked up along the way so up to Two cents it was. Great ride down! Thanks to Jeron and his Dad for the ride up.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 17:50 Quote
What helmet is that?

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 20:16 Quote
samuelity wrote:
What helmet is that?

It's a 2010 Sam Hill D3 that got a repaint last year to keep things fresh and fun.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018435
Mobile Version of Website