Tyler's Bike Ride Log Blog

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Tyler's Bike Ride Log Blog
| Next Page
Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 20:19 Quote

Went for another night ride and first climb again since the Utah trip (ya I know I still have not posted those rides or pics yet, but I will). Knee was feeling pretty good, so I am pumped as it only had a little ache going on, so a few more rotary trail missions and should be good to ride full on again. The Slash climbed a lot better than I was expecting, so I was happy about that. I have some tweaking to do to the rest of the set up though, but all in all it was a good night ride.

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 20:22 Quote
You jerk! I'm so jealous of that Slash!!!! Will there be a write up on it eventually?

Posted: Feb 15, 2012 at 20:39 Quote
lilandy wrote:
You jerk! I'm so jealous of that Slash!!!! Will there be a write up on it eventually?

Sorry this is not a test bike, but you can read all about the Slashes here where Mike Levy talks about his experience on them in Whistler (half way down the article):

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/trek-session-99-gwin-whistler-2011.html

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 at 19:02 Quote
Good weekend on the bikes with XC Saturday and a DH ride today.

SAturday I loaded up the hardtail and went out to Mission to try to pre-ride the XC course in the rain and by rain I mean pouring, soaking wet rain - brr! Successfully did one lap backwards and half a proper lap the right way. THankfully I'll be close to last on race day, so following people will be a lot easier. Running the Cannondale 29er at the race and locking out the fork seems like the set up for me haha should be a good race/ride.

Today we took Nic G for his first ride at Vedder and what better way than to shuttle Two Cents, Terd Ferg, Ditch Chicken , Electric Lettuce and Femur. There was around a dozen rider up there today - good, greasy times.

Posted: Mar 10, 2012 at 17:57 Quote
Been a while since I posted (also a while since I rode too much), but the bikes are still seeing some use this winter. Did an XC race a few weeks ago in Mission - likely came in 2nd or 3rd last, but slowly feeling stronger. Today was rad, but maybe the wettest ride ever on vedder. Tomorrow is the Bear Mtn Super D, so I will grab the Slash and dial it ready tonight - gonna be wet and super fun out there. Also just learned the the North Shore is going to have a toonie race series starting soon.

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 21:12 Quote
I forgot to post about my trip to Utah in January, so here that is:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/Utah-or-Bust-2012.html

Great trip and Mike leaves tomorrow to do a bunch of it over again.

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 21:16 Quote
I have not owned a proper DH bike in a few years as borrowing was always easier than buying a bike. This winter I decided to do something about that though. I picked up a used Transition TR 450 and have built it up with new and used parts over the past 2 month's time. Saturday was the day for the virgin laps and I am pretty happy with my new steed:

I'll make a few tweaks this week to it and be back out next weekend - so fun!

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 21:37 Quote

Bob A Long dropped me a note to come out and ride XC on Ledgeview (figured it would be a mellow Sunday), so I said ok as the Orange just got a full rebuild on my days off the steed. So I may have mis judged as there 3 more riders and they all shred sh*t up. 3 hours later and some serious ass dragging I was done and sitting on the deck at Bob's place. Ledge blows my mind and Matt Scott is a crazy builder! Good times.

Posted: Mar 26, 2012 at 14:35 Quote
Awsome view in that last picture!

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 18:34 Quote
April has been a crazy month as we all headed south to California for the Sea Otter Classic. A few days before the Otter I attended a media camp for X Fusion in Santa Cruz:

2013 X- Fusion products - Group ride

The riding that I've done in this area is always fun and actually super flowy. Picture lots of little ups, downs, tech jumps and most rides end in a nice descent.

The Otter ends when the Unicorn begins

A week later we headed north to Bend, Oregon for another media camp with Specialized. Our first ride was a fun ripper with Kirt Voreis within town limits in Shevlin Park - so fun! Through out the week we did another 4 good rides around the Bend area with Cog Wild and Specialized (Ned Overend was there, but I never got to ride "with" him, but such a cool legend to get to meet).

On the last ride in Bend we got caught in a snow fall, started out nice (see photo), but ended up crappy (see second photo).

Ice and snow storm hit quick.

This past week we got up to Vedder for a few DH laps and I can't believe all the great work that the builders have been putting in. Nice work!

I am now loading up my truck and heading to Squamish for the weekend!

Posted: May 6, 2012 at 23:46 Quote
Day one in Squamish:

Full Nelson in Squamish

Rode 3 laps of Full Nelson (tough climb to it) and then Pseudo Tsuga for a full trail bike day. Hundreds of riders were out for the trail opening - great times.

Day two in Squamish:

Squamish ride

Shuttled at noon with friends from Alberta (Cake Walk to Full Nelson to Pseudo Tsuga) and then headed out to Cat Lake and did a nice XC ride back to town.

Lovin' Squamish!

Posted: May 7, 2012 at 10:10 Quote
Looks like a fantastic weekend!

Posted: Jan 2, 2013 at 15:15 Quote
First ride of 2013 was a good and snowy one. 4 of us went out to Bear Mountain to see what we could ride. First half of the climb is rideable, then it's a push on hard packed snow to the top. Bits of snow littered the trail, but overall in great shape. The new rear shock on the Slash is making that bike even more rad.

Lorax

Lorax 2

Posted: Jan 4, 2013 at 9:28 Quote
First night ride of the year - hit the trails with Fisch and Aja. It was Fisch's first ride since seeing a cougar back in the Fall on a solo ride.

Jan 3 ride

Posted: Jan 6, 2013 at 19:08 Quote
First shore ride of the season today - weather was typical for the time of year - WET!

First shore ride of the year

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032038
Mobile Version of Website