Who's BROKEN a Heckler?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Who's BROKEN a Heckler?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 29, 2010 at 18:33 Quote
Hi all, in a sticky situation-graduate student with wife and 1 income and I hope to race a few DH series in Western NC, VA and WVA this summer and then collegiate season in the fall. Right now my rig is a 2007 Heckler with a Lyrik solo air. I am not too worried about the components (aside from the 5th element shock, which may get replaced), but I hear everyone say how the Heckler is not built to withstand DH racing....but who's broken a Heckler?

I have my frame up for sale/trade right now, because I would like to get a DH specific frame...but if it doesn't sell, I want to race!!

Does anyone have pictures of broken Hecklers?!

photo

Posted: Mar 11, 2010 at 10:39 Quote
cmscheip wrote:
Hi all, in a sticky situation-graduate student with wife and 1 income and I hope to race a few DH series in Western NC, VA and WVA this summer and then collegiate season in the fall. Right now my rig is a 2007 Heckler with a Lyrik solo air. I am not too worried about the components (aside from the 5th element shock, which may get replaced), but I hear everyone say how the Heckler is not built to withstand DH racing....but who's broken a Heckler?

I have my frame up for sale/trade right now, because I would like to get a DH specific frame...but if it doesn't sell, I want to race!!

Does anyone have pictures of broken Hecklers?!

photo

i don't know if the 07' Heckler you have is the newest generation frame design, mine is the newest version & i have broken the rear triangle from my AM riding. the welds all the way around the pivot arms broke & the pivot arm that holds the pivot snapped clean in half. although i do ride it hard & hit jumps, drops, etc. i would say race a DH specific bike for DH races, race the Heckler for doing Super D.

Posted: Sep 10, 2010 at 0:09 Quote
I have been riding an 08 heckler for just over 2 years, the 08 seems to be a bit beefier than the new shape, at the cost of weight, the old style frame is for sure stronger. My heckler i built fairly tough, fox 36, dhx4, dh wheels, usually go for hope headset hubs ect, i have raced dh on this bike alot here in china and can tell you the biggest problem for me has been the pivot bearing, i have had to change mine 3 times now! This is the kind of bike that encourages you to abuse it and the heckler simply isnt a dh bike, it can take a bit of dh for sure but if you wanna race and use the bike for fun too i'd say go for the bullit, pedals pretty good, can take a 200mm fork or a 160, and will take much more abuse.
I see the new shape 2010 hecklers have a new bearing set up, not sure if this fixed the problem or not, am curious to find out.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010007
Mobile Version of Website