Frame Polishing

• Next Page
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 6:19 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
Pneuking wrote:
Life's expensive! ! Come on kid do it for $100

That's the problem with any custom work, the person doing the work has to make it worth their while as well. Considering the amount of time it takes plus materials $150 isn't the least bit unreasonable.
thank you, doing a full dual suspension mountain bike frame is very time consuming, I'll probably spend 2 weeks on it so $150 is actually a pretty good deal

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 18:50 Quote
Yeah but your skill set is very limited. Polishing is about the only thing you are qualified to do. I mean kids your age in 3rd world countries do manual labor like this and don't complain much. What kind of expenses are you running nowadays? $100 is more that worth it. You aren't going to work 80 hours on this during the two weeks.

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 18:59 Quote
Pneuking wrote:
Yeah but your skill set is very limited. Polishing is about the only thing you are qualified to do. I mean kids your age in 3rd world countries do manual labor like this and don't complain much. What kind of expenses are you running nowadays? $100 is more that worth it. You aren't going to work 80 hours on this during the two weeks.
as I mentioned before, I have done many motorcycle frames including my own and have done many forks and bars (bmx) this includes stripping and painting/clear coating
I am qualified to do this job and $150 is not unreasonable for over 15 hours of work

Posted: Feb 26, 2010 at 9:41 Quote
are you still interested?

Posted: Feb 26, 2010 at 10:18 Quote
i got my FS frame stripped and powder coated for 180... chemical strip costed 50 and the coating wasnt much either but it was 2 peices so the price went up to 180 total

Posted: Feb 26, 2010 at 14:51 Quote
just waiting on sponsorship details, may not have use for the bike i had in mind to polish anymore, sorry to keep you waiting :S

Posted: Mar 2, 2010 at 21:48 Quote
knightridersix04 wrote:
la115 wrote:
LOL! 150 for rawing a Frame, are you joking me? You can get a Shop to sand blast it for cheaper than that.
sandblasting would destroy the aluminum

ur right on that, but soda blasting is the best..im sure u could find someone who does it..its cheap to..about 25$..

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012064
Mobile Version of Website