How good is the Evil Imperial ?

PB Forum :: Downhill
How good is the Evil Imperial ?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 11:38 Quote
I ride Downhill, freeride and 4x and even a bit of dirt jumnping. Before i start investing in building an evil imperial, i would like to know if anyone has got this bike and maybe tell me how it rides and that.

Mason

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 18:37 Quote
it rides like a hardtail with a big fork on it. dont invest in something that isnt made anymore and the fails as a bike.

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 19:39 Quote
I own an Imperial. Its awesome. Search through the photo section to see how many different builds there are. It is an amazingly versatile frame. I have mine set up as a dh rig with a 888 on it. I've seen photos of others with a lowered dj fork on them and they still work wonders. This frame is so versatile because of the adjustable wheelbase. There are 3 different drop outs. I'm running mine on the longest setting and people who make street bikes are using the shortest. It can trualy be used in any mtn. discipline if set up right (but the seat tube angle would make it uncomfortable for long sit downs) I would definatly suggest buying one...if you can find one. Keep in mind it has a 1.5 headtube.

Its known as one of the most, if not the most bad ass hardtial out there for a reason.

I use mine as a DH training tool. I ride everything on my imperial that I would on my fully race bike. My logic is that if I get used to riding a hardtail on dh trails then riding my fully at race speed won't be a problem. And its not. I found it to be a very stable bike at speed even when bouncing through rocks and roots. Its corners like its on rails...and I've heard that froma few people who rode my bike. Plus it has a huge bling factor that you own a rare and awesome frame, and who doesn't love having everyone look at their bike!

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 20:36 Quote
nothingbetter wrote:
I own an Imperial. Its awesome. Search through the photo section to see how many different builds there are. It is an amazingly versatile frame. I have mine set up as a dh rig with a 888 on it. I've seen photos of others with a lowered dj fork on them and they still work wonders. This frame is so versatile because of the adjustable wheelbase. There are 3 different drop outs. I'm running mine on the longest setting and people who make street bikes are using the shortest. It can trualy be used in any mtn. discipline if set up right (but the seat tube angle would make it uncomfortable for long sit downs) I would definatly suggest buying one...if you can find one. Keep in mind it has a 1.5 headtube.

Its known as one of the most, if not the most bad ass hardtial out there for a reason.

I use mine as a DH training tool. I ride everything on my imperial that I would on my fully race bike. My logic is that if I get used to riding a hardtail on dh trails then riding my fully at race speed won't be a problem. And its not. I found it to be a very stable bike at speed even when bouncing through rocks and roots. Its corners like its on rails...and I've heard that froma few people who rode my bike. Plus it has a huge bling factor that you own a rare and awesome frame, and who doesn't love having everyone look at their bike!

Dual crown on a hardtail? Hmm....

Posted: Feb 1, 2010 at 20:43 Quote
[Quote="Chubzor Dual crown on a hardtail? Hmm....[/Quote]

You must not know about the Evil Imperial. They're warrentied for a 300mm fork. (not a typo) Look up some pictures.

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 10:19 Quote
thanks, im gonna build up and evil imperial very similar to the imperial here but with 180mm rockshox domains on so that i can use it for everything. Should be very good, from what ie heard and all the different setting u can have on.

Posted: Feb 2, 2010 at 10:23 Quote
[PI=https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1408442/ size=l align=c][/PI]

Posted: Dec 23, 2014 at 16:16 Quote
They are absolutely bomb proof bikes

Posted: Dec 23, 2014 at 16:18 Quote
People feel free to join my group on facebook only evil imperial owners though to discuss and chat and share they're evil imperials

Posted: Sep 17, 2021 at 21:56 Quote
Still riding mine, turns heads every time I take it to the hills

Posted: Sep 20, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
I can now see why evils still have such a slack seat tube angle today...

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 22:33 Quote
Absolutely love evil imperials for everything! I have mine setup with a big travel Manitou Sherman

Posted: Oct 8, 2021 at 22:35 Quote
Azzer15 wrote:
People feel free to join my group on facebook only evil imperial owners though to discuss and chat and share they're evil imperials

What is the group?

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.005898
Mobile Version of Website