Manitou circus

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Manitou circus
Posted: Apr 23, 2016 at 14:28 Quote
Any tips on painting manitou circus forks?

Posted: Apr 26, 2016 at 1:12 Quote
I like to use paint that comes in a can and dip the whole fork in. It gets in all crevices and looks wonderful

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 16:49 Quote
hey guys i just got a manitou circus on my dj and I've had few problems with it. The first is under fast compression the fork makes a cracking kind of sound, like when i drop my bike on the ground. The second is an oil leak around the blue allen key adjuster the bottom of the fork.
Just wondering if you guys would know what these problems are

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 17:08 Quote
Im no expert, but sounds like whomever jumped it locked out.. at the very least a rebuild is in order id say.. cant really help beyond that.. GL

Posted: Jul 12, 2016 at 22:00 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
Im no expert, but sounds like whomever jumped it locked out.. at the very least a rebuild is in order id say.. cant really help beyond that.. GL
locked out?

Posted: Jul 13, 2016 at 17:26 Quote
Heaney wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:
locked out?

Cranking compression to 11= lock out (stiffest setting) but shouldn't be jumped on or bad things happen...

Im not there so I'm speculating

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 at 10:21 Quote
Tom11M wrote:
I got 130mm version and its lowered to 100mm! Just take nylon thing out top of the spring

By doing it this way, there will be 30mm of slack when you pull up on the bars....how do you deal with this?

Posted: Jul 19, 2016 at 14:09 Quote
StefanNielsen wrote:
Tom11M wrote:
I got 130mm version and its lowered to 100mm! Just take nylon thing out top of the spring

By doing it this way, there will be 30mm of slack when you pull up on the bars....how do you deal with this?

If its a circus 130 and lowered to 100, you simply have to reverse the order followed to lower it, to raise it back.. no slack involved

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 2:51 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
StefanNielsen wrote:
Tom11M wrote:

If its a circus 130 and lowered to 100, you simply have to reverse the order followed to lower it, to raise it back.. no slack involved

The point is i don't see how its lowered to 100mm in the first place, without the flaw i mentioned !!!

Removal of The plastic peace right under the air valve in the spring side leg, will lower a 130mm fork to approx 105mm, BUT there is nothing to take up this slack when you pull up on the bars(lifting the front wheel off the ground)., hence my question...

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 6:52 Quote
streetripper wrote:
This is the 2012 Manitou Fork Service Manual
http://www.manitoumtb.com/assets/Service%20Manuals/2012%20Service%20Manual.pdf

Page 4 explains how to remove the lowers

Page 13 explains how to remove the compression rod(expert)

Page 14 explains how to adjust the travel by switching the spacers(expert)

Page 23 has Oil Level Chart

Page 25 has an exploded view of the Circus Expert as well as part numbers

Pinkbikes tech tuesday on the Circus Expert
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/tech-tuesday-manitou-circus-rebuild-2011.html

I would recommend watching the video and reading the manual a couple times before attempting, both leave out a couple steps that I would hate to forget on a brand new fork.

Posted: Jul 20, 2016 at 21:52 Quote
Aaronz25RS wrote:
streetripper wrote:

I would recommend watching the video and reading the manual a couple times before attempting, both leave out a couple steps that I would hate to forget on a brand new fork.

Hi thanks for the effort but you are linking to stuff regarding the lowering of a 100mm fork and not the 130mm fork we are talking about...(They are not build the same way internal !!!) and not mentioned/show in the manual...

Posted: Jul 25, 2016 at 22:04 Quote
I lowered this fork by purchasing a "replacement" pushrod for a 100/80 mm fork and matching firm spring then put it back together. the push rod comes as an assembly.

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 4:27 Quote
ripcityBlazer wrote:
I lowered this fork by purchasing a "replacement" pushrod for a 100/80 mm fork and matching firm spring then put it back together. the push rod comes as an assembly.

do you by any change has a link for the pushrod/spring assembly ?

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 6:59 Quote
StefanNielsen wrote:
Aaronz25RS wrote:
streetripper wrote:

Hi thanks for the effort but you are linking to stuff regarding the lowering of a 100mm fork and not the 130mm fork we are talking about...(They are not build the same way internal !!!) and not mentioned/show in the manual...

Sorry brotha, thought for sure I was onto something... good luck

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 at 20:40 Quote
StefanNielsen wrote:
ripcityBlazer wrote:

do you by any change has a link for the pushrod/spring assembly ?

Nope I'm was a mechanic while in school and ordered direct from Manitou. They try to tell you this conversion is not possible.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011196
Mobile Version of Website