Manitou circus

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Manitou circus
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 2, 2018 at 6:15 Quote
The circus is great on light DH type stuff, not that I do it a lot, but once you take it out of lockup its quite active..
Gotta bring the rebound and compression down a bit.
I recently did a small DH and a dual slalom race with my DJ and was pleasantly surprised once I opened it up

Posted: Sep 4, 2018 at 12:22 Quote
tom666 wrote:
The circus is very stiff for a 32mm diameter fork. The 20mm axle has a lot to do with it I think.

Performance wise it isn't going to be super active and keep you glued to the trail. Instead it will just soak up the worst stuff (which you could argue is all you want a 80-100mm travel fork to do)

They are 34mm Smile

Posted: Sep 5, 2018 at 13:35 Quote
abcpwn wrote:
tom666 wrote:
The circus is very stiff for a 32mm diameter fork. The 20mm axle has a lot to do with it I think.

Performance wise it isn't going to be super active and keep you glued to the trail. Instead it will just soak up the worst stuff (which you could argue is all you want a 80-100mm travel fork to do)

They are 34mm Smile

Are the new ones different? They always used to be 32mm. Mine are 32 for sure

edit: I've just checked and everything up to 2017 is 32mm. The new 2018 ones which you can't even get the UK are 34mm. My apologies.

Posted: Sep 6, 2018 at 20:18 Quote
tom666 wrote:
abcpwn wrote:
tom666 wrote:

They are 34mm Smile

Are the new ones different? They always used to be 32mm. Mine are 32 for sure

edit: I've just checked and everything up to 2017 is 32mm. The new 2018 ones which you can't even get the UK are 34mm. My apologies.

Yeah, its based on the Mattoc chassis now instead of being based on a beefed up Minute previously. As such, 34mm stanchions & 15mm axle. Basically the same thing RS did with the Pike.

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
Looking for some newbie help on a baseline set up for my circus expert.

Just getting into Dj bike I bought yesterday, thought it was the thing to do as I am Recovering from a broken collarbone while competing in a BMX race.

Once I get cleared to ride, I will start on pump track then will add in street, trails and some dirt jumps. Nothing crazy, I am an old guy!! Smile

Just need to know from those that ride what works best, and I can adjust from there as it fits my needs. want to save some time, and eliminate so much trial and error.

Thanks for the help

Posted: Jun 9, 2019 at 13:06 Quote
It should have a weight vs pressure guide right on it, then compression and rebound are pretty much by feel..
I like a fast rebound for extra spring, im all over the place for compression. If im straight riding I have it set pretty stiff, if im jumping stuff I usually soften it off for more impact absorption

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 at 0:49 Quote
clands wrote:
Looking for some newbie help on a baseline set up for my circus expert.

Just getting into Dj bike I bought yesterday, thought it was the thing to do as I am Recovering from a broken collarbone while competing in a BMX race.

Once I get cleared to ride, I will start on pump track then will add in street, trails and some dirt jumps. Nothing crazy, I am an old guy!! Smile

Just need to know from those that ride what works best, and I can adjust from there as it fits my needs. want to save some time, and eliminate so much trial and error.

Thanks for the help

The circus is good. you don't need much psi just use the compression damper. i like my forks to barely move and i ran 45psi and had the compression 1 click away from full. just play about, it's a decent fork.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.010939
Mobile Version of Website