Manitou circus

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Manitou circus
Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 10:30 Quote
sagetthegreat wrote:
tom666 wrote:
sagetthegreat wrote:
Obviously infiltrator is right, you all are so stupid. 130 is the best and let's leave it at that.

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or genuinely an idiot. They all use the same technology and are the same fork, just with more or less stantion and a longer or shorter spring. There is no 'best' of them. It's down to the riding you use the fork for, the bike you're fitting it to and the personal preference of the rider. Putting the 130 on an NS capital would be rediculess because the bottom bracket would be obscenely high and the head angle ridiculously slack. The opposite also applies - putting the 80mm on a DMR bolt for example would be a stupid idea because you would lower the bottom bracket and ruin the geometry of the bike as well as having more rear travel than front, which would make it ride disgustingly - The 130 would be a much better idea for this bike.
Dude, honestly, you're the biggest idiot on this forum. Wtf are you talking about geometry? Who gives a flying f*ck about it, moar travel=better. End of story.

Facepalm

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 10:34 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://media.rhizome.org/blog/3637/01.jpg

Problem?

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 10:35 Quote
HelloImAnIdiot wrote:
tom666 wrote:
HelloImAnIdiot wrote:
Obviously infiltrator is right, you all are so stupid. 130 is the best and let's leave it at that.

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or genuinely an idiot. They all use the same technology and are the same fork, just with more or less stantion and a longer or shorter spring. There is no 'best' of them. It's down to the riding you use the fork for, the bike you're fitting it to and the personal preference of the rider. Putting the 130 on an NS capital would be rediculess because the bottom bracket would be obscenely high and the head angle ridiculously slack. The opposite also applies - putting the 80mm on a DMR bolt for example would be a stupid idea because you would lower the bottom bracket and ruin the geometry of the bike as well as having more rear travel than front, which would make it ride disgustingly - The 130 would be a much better idea for this bike.
Dude, honestly, you're the biggest idiot on this forum. Wtf are you talking about geometry? Who gives a flying f*ck about it, moar travel=better. End of story.
Bahahahahahahahahahahalol lol lol lol

But seriously, you're an idiot.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 10:36 Quote
I hope you're joking with all of this...

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 10:36 Quote
Is that english for being serious?

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 10:50 Quote
are circus forks easy to footjam?

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 10:51 Quote
Theyre pretty good. You dont have to shove your foot in as far.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 11:00 Quote
I hate it for footjams truth be told.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 11:02 Quote
I used to, but then I started doing some and its great for them. Only reason I didnt like them is because I hurt my toe that I used for footjamming before, so Ive just learned with the other foot Razz Its pretty good actually

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 11:06 Quote
tom666 wrote:
the 80s, 100 and 130s are all the same fork, just different stantion lengths. if there was a problem with the 100s it would happen on all of them because they use the same technology.
100 and 80mm are the exact same apart from a travel spacer and thats it, so you are totally right, i have bottomed mine out once or twice and they have survived the 130s would be no differant..

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 12:42 Quote
Walrus666 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
cameronumf wrote:

I dought it sucks, its just shorter travel!
no it sucks, the seals blow if they bottom

Lol, I must have blown my sela without even realising it's happened then. I must send them back to manitou right away and get some uber, non blowing seals. (sarcasm)

Well on my 130mms the coil gets harder the further they go down. they are near impossible to bottom and i havent yet.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 14:40 Quote
cameronumf wrote:
Walrus666 wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:
no it sucks, the seals blow if they bottom

Lol, I must have blown my sela without even realising it's happened then. I must send them back to manitou right away and get some uber, non blowing seals. (sarcasm)

Well on my 130mms the coil gets harder the further they go down. they are near impossible to bottom and i havent yet.

I am yet to find a coil that doesn't do this.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 16:08 Quote
And you won't ever find one that doesn't.

Here's the problem with the 100mm.
it's only got 100mm of travel that's not enough to properly lube the seals, but the pressure of bottoming forces oil behind the seal.

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 19:55 Quote
i bottomed out my 100's quite a few times and the seals havent blown out

Posted: Sep 11, 2011 at 20:01 Quote
Yours isn't a 100mm then.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012103
Mobile Version of Website